Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Does The T-sport Handle On 17`s

JON.XL

The GF current 1.0 Gls is shod with a set of Valbrem but is very prone to tram lining, Just wondered if this was the case with the T Sport as i assume it will be a little heavier at the front but is it heavy enough?

Are sixteens a good compromise or do you regret buying them and think should have bought 17`s?

Has any one lowered on on 17`s or does the T-Sport claimed "Lower ride" surfice enough for aesthics?

All Comments Well Recieved.

Jon

Mate the T-Sport would look like a monster truck if u just banged 17's on and left it! But if u lower it on 17's u will need quite alot of arch work! Ur best bet is to ask jaxx who has his dropped 60mm on 17's!

Cheers :thumbsup:

The GF current 1.0 Gls is shod with a set of Valbrem but is very prone to tram lining, Just wondered if this was the case with the T Sport as i assume it will be a little heavier at the front but is it heavy enough?

Are sixteens a good compromise or do you regret buying them and think should have bought 17`s?

Has any one lowered on on 17`s or does the T-Sport claimed "Lower ride" surfice enough for aesthics?

All Comments Well Recieved.

Jon

Yeah the T-sport on standard rims is also prone to Tram lineing.. I often wonder who's driving me...or the car. I actually think the problem is worse with the T-Sport, my Missus 1.0l doesn't do it anywhere near as much. Also, the Yaris is the first Car I've driven where tram-lining is noticiable.

Don't think has anything to do with wheel sizes...but the steering is pretty light,

and just seems to follow the ruts/bumps in the roads.

Vipes

How come you guys keep saying that the Yaris will look like a monster truck with 17's on... I notice you aint got 17's....

Well, I have and they are the exact same diameter as the stock wheels... It doesnt make yuour car any higher, the arch width is no different either....

It simply makes your car look like its got bigger Alloy centers.

I think ppl reffer to the rear end looking like a monster truck usually because 17's need at least 205mm tyres. The back of the Yaris is quite high and wide tyres only really look good on lower cars.

My mate had 195's on a standard clio and it looked fine and dandy from the side but like a monster truck from the rear.

Ahh, Well that makes more sense.... It is very noticeable when you havw wide tyres on the yaris from the back... However personally I feel it enhances the look, makes the car look much more beefy...

mine trams like hell at times! id say the handling has improved vastly but a big loss of ride quality, but then again ride quality aint my bag! :D

it handles well with the increased width although i have some pants tyres at the mo so does tend to slide a bit if you really push it.

lowering 60 requires alot of work on the arches dirt shields and bits of the bumper, and main STILL aint perfect (ill sort it soon!) but its worth it cos it looks the nuts!

Mine hasnt been lowered from STD at all, and there was rubbing... However a set of Grayston Rubber Coil Spring Assitors sorted it out and it doesnt do it now and the ride quality has even improved...

its mainly due to the width of the tyres that cause the rubbing rather than the actual diameter, also on the back it always tends to ctach the big lip that runs around the edge

personally ive got 205x40

but next tyre buy will be 205x35s

hi

yeah i just found the tyre calculator and to keep the specs in with a 185/55 then a 205/35 should take about 10mm off the OE size...

Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference

185/55-15 4.0in 11.5in 23.0in 72.3in 876 0.0%

205/35-17 2.8in 11.3in 22.6in 71.2in 890 -1.6%

you think that will stop the rubbing as a lot of site's recon that 17 should fit some say 18's too needs a 30 thou...

but like u say its the width

yeah it is the width

ill soon find out how 18's will be! :eek:

hey diavlo, u got any pics of yours on the 17's?? :)

cheers

15427869.jpg

That is standard with no drop in 17s wearing 205/40 Kumho 712

The back end in particular is in severe need of drop, and I did get some rubbing but only hitting potholes at speed (or when I had three large ladies in the back and two more folks in the passenger seat).

I went down to 16s with 205/45 rubber and the ride improved noticably and the rubbing is slightly harder to trigger.

Heres mine on 17's with no drop. I have spring assisters on the back which has completely obliterated the rubbing problem, it never does it anymore even when fully loaded...

By the way, those alloys were only 300 quid almost brand new and in perfect condition from eBay! They are worth about 800 anywhere else.

yarry1.jpg

I borrowed my brothers 17's off his golf, they made my YTS look like a giant roller boot! It went up about half an inch (just measuring with a ruler)

Checked that tyre conversion chart and 205/40/17 are 16mm bigger than a 185/55/15 so my guess at half inch was about right!

I'll be going for 16s because i do a lot of miles so cant be ****d with tramlining, stupid looks, poorer ride etc. At least when its lowered i wont have to hack the arches off just to drive it over bumps!

Some how i cant hack a car apart thats worth so much cash!

does anyone know the correct offset for 17's on a yaris is it 38 or sumthing?

cheers

lee

35 - 45 but the higher the better i've been told. 35mm will definately catch the arches so 38 will be ok

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links