Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris!

Ryan1985

Wos driving home from uni 2day and in the wet. Overtook a VW Bora and nailed it into a corner goin a little too fast! There wos a van on the other side of the road so i couldn't go there so i pulled to the inside of the corner and i felt the back end kinda goin and had to turn in the opposite direction!

Should the Yaris not be understeering instead of oversteering? I nearly s**t meself!

Cheers :thumbsup:

When you pulled in tight to the bend did you decrease the amount of accleration?

I.e Lift off oversteer.

I suppose i did a bit mate cos basically i wos goin too fast and wanted to slow down! But surely the Yaris should be understeering anyway???

Sounds Like Lift off Oversteer, Not good when you don`t expect it but when your trying to get it a grin factor of 10.

Although i am suprised you got a little in the Yaris What sort of speed are we talking about?

Around 80 ish, i can't really remember to be honest i wos more focused on the road and staying out of a hedge! :lol:

Lift off oversteer dude, my old cinq (-60mm on Spax adjustables) was pretty immune, but the standard Yaris is quite prone to it, I thought.

As you turn, and lift off, weight transfers off the rear and on to the front. Engine braking tries to slow the front wheels down too... before you know it, the now slippier ('cos there's less weight over it) backend is trying to overtake the grippier and decellerating front end.

Keep her on a neutral or positive throttle and it won't happen...

mine hardly ever does it (1.0l on gmax springs and konis) i did it on purpose tho the otha day jus 2 see wot its like

(1.0l on gmax springs and konis)

Looks like i'll have the same setup as u next month mate! Hows the ride and the body roll? And how much of a drop did u get?

a small amount of throttle steerablity is good . got me out of a couple of understeering tight spots before. :)

hi

i found that if you go round an island with a lot of downwards camber then hit the brakes then the back end will twitch about....30mph+

might have something to do with the short wheelbase of the car.

but then again might be the naff tyres I got fitted….

my gs was a bugger for it, bit harder in the TS tho, not anymore however!

i gotta admit, playin GT3 too much certainly pays off!

ryan: i have got about a 50mm drop and body roll is near none exsistant and i reccommend stiff setup on the shocks it wont ride as nice but ull get a grin factor of 100%

Knight rider, how much did it cost for your setup cause i want that stiffer ride and excellent cornering :)

Thanks

matt

ryan: i have got about a 50mm drop and body roll is near none exsistant and i reccommend stiff setup on the shocks it wont ride as nice but ull get a grin factor of 100%

Sounds great mate, i'm gonna get a b4 and after pic, will post sum pics up wen done! Gettin the suspension done in bout 10-15 days!

And Moffmo, i'm payin £560 4 Koni adjustables and GMAX springs plus fitting etc.

Full Koni kit will set you back anything from £380 to £450 (that's springs, bushes and dampers!)...

Full Koni kit will set you back anything from £380 to £450 (that's springs, bushes and dampers!)...

hi

might get me some too might get rid of the problems i got with the tte if they give me my money back i think not.......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links