Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How The Ell Do I Fit My Lexus Style Rear Lights?

Rikki

Lexus lights on a MR2 :crybaby::eek:

Me and G had a play about with his back lights and I think its pretty simple to remove them, he will be along later.

Hi mate, I don't condone fitting lexi lights to your MR2 - but here goes anyway ! I used this guide to remove my light clusters-

http://www.imoc.co.uk/technical/howto/rearlights.htm

Ta-da. Re: lexus lights, only joking - they're not to my taste, but fair enough if you like them - its your car!

Hope you find that guide of help.

only problem mite be getting certain light patterns. i know sod all about electronics, so when i get mine ima go dwn to rogue and get them to sort it. bibbbs (on these forums) had his standard rev3 light patterns changed by patrick there who fiddled with diodes or summin which is beyond my electrical knowledge.

Mine extends as far as plug , socket. socket , plug... ah! then plug goes into the socket! 10 mins l8r why isnt this working... another 5minutes, doh! gotta flip that little thing beside the socket to turn the power on, tada, me is happy cos i got it working :), erm now how do u work the video :unsure: ...

-Z

i'm prone to blowin stuff up or breaking it :eek:

i'll usually give it a go myself cos i h8 payin people for stuff i *think* i coulda done myself. but i always end up payin more cos they got like 3 times the amount of work to do to fix what i've done aswel, lol.

-Z

i'm prone to blowin stuff up or breaking it :eek:

i'll usually give it a go myself cos i h8 payin people for stuff i *think* i coulda done myself. but i always end up payin more cos they got like 3 times the amount of work to do to fix what i've done aswel, lol.

-Z

Seriously Im REALLY bad too, actully in the process of TRYING to change the 91 lighting effect to the oem 94 style I got a few different patterns...one where ALL were on with the park lights on and the 2 outer ones lit up when the brake was on, another were the centres ONLY were on in park & the outsides ONLY when on the break :wacko:

Im pretty sure you can't blow anything but maybe a fuse ;)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

well when i get my lexus rears i *might* give it a go... :)

actually guess im gonna havta, cos i'll fit em in b4 i send my car for a respray, then the centre panel will get sprayed also.

-Z

When I fit my lexus rears I'm gonna keep my original 4 rear light's on configuration as I think it gives the car an 'import' look to it.

I think he means US import...looks very corvettish with 4 tailights on rev3 clusters. Looks shaweet!

Jimlads rev1 import doesnt light up like mine. I did mean the jappy look and not the yank look altho thinking about it.. those lexus rears do look a bit corvette.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links