Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Damn Poor Quality Stuff

MisteR 2

Am sure that all those who've taken bits off their cars are sure to find at least one of the nut/bolts they are removing will have snapped off on them. I also have a feeling its not just restricted to Toyotas. My mate had a Honda Civic VTi a couple of years back that was getting lowered, and low and behold, the nut and bolts underneath were on their way out, the car was a 94. I have had the same problem myself with rusted to death nuts and bolts that have snapped on me. I wasn't really that much surprised really. This is actually the 1st Jap car I've owned,( I won't count my Nissan 300ZX TT) All four of the nuts/bolts which hold the black plastic trim under the rear corners of the rear bumper snapped off on me when I took them off. I did sear alot, cussing the Jap quality I had to work with. I have owned 8 BMW's to date, all of which I have had the pleasure of working on, and absolutely none of the nuts/bolts I have undone have ever snapped on me, even the mudflap bolts man. Just goes to show that German quality IS simply the best!! :thumbsup: !Removed! Jap crap!! Just thought I'd drop a mention of my mind!!

i guess i can only blame the english weather, grit on the road etc. for the rusty bolts! oh and yrs of neglect!

If only all of the bolts were painted over then they'd stay ok!

-Z

i guess i can only blame the english weather, grit on the road etc. for the rusty bolts! oh and yrs of neglect!

Yep. That'll do it.

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links