Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Modifications Invalidate Warranty?

pstones578

Does changing anything on your car invalidate your warranty? I like the look of the Lexus rear lights but wouldn't want to do anything that would cause me pain in the future. Also, are there any insurance implications in modifying your car?

Technically, yes and yes. That said, the warranty is unaffected on parts not related to the modification. (i.e. changing the rear lights won't invalidate the warranty if the engine blows up, but fitting new air filters might)

As for insurance, it will cost but is best to notify them of everything you do. That way if it is nicked or totalled they won't have an excuse to not pay out.

Scott

I'm not sure about the mods, I guess the bits that you do modify wouldnt be included?

As for insurance yes you do have to notify your insurance about any mods - including alloys if they arent standard and there will be a charge for however much it affects your car by.

Confused.....

I was told no and no! For a spoiler...

I'm guessing a spoiler, as it doesnt affect performance or anything serious that that would be the case, but lights are a different matter...

Some items will add to ur insurance some may not, adding standard toyota alloys 2 my old car pushed insurance up, whereas the they werent too fussed about spoiler, didnt effect it at all

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links