Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Needed Please! G6r!

Froston

Hi people...

ok, basically i have been looking for the right honda civic for way too long (EK3 that isnt green!) and it hasnt come around... so my dad's found me a G6R on autotrader.

As I have lately been studying hondas only - i know nothing of corollas :!Removed!: :(

apparently the G6R is the fastest corolla? is it a 1.6 16V? i've read reviews and apparently corollas are a boring drive unlike the civics? is this true?

here is the ad. please tell me what you think.

1999 TOYOTA COROLLA 1.6 G6R 3dr

3 Doors, Manual 6 speed, Hatchback, Petrol, 47,886 miles, Satin Black Metallic, 2 Owners. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, Central locking, Colour coding - Body, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Full service history, Head restraints, Heated screen, Metallic paintwork, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Remote locking, Tinted glass. £4,995.

thnks. nick.

so whats yours!?? please explain as i do not know much about corollas

eg AE111 is the engine right? what one?

my head is just currently filled with honda engine codes :S

The G6r is a top motor it's not as fast as a honda but it they are not as common I think there are only 200-400 of them as the g6r was a limited editon.

Ae111 is the model of the g6r I have an SR but no longer have the standard engine 4afe as I now have a supercharger in mine :lol::lol:

go test drive it and see what you think mate if you drive it I reckon you will like it

The G6r is a top motor it's not as fast as a honda but they are not as common

ok thanks.

um what honda are u comparing this to? the honda i was looking for is a 1.5 16V (EK3)

how much difference in performance is there between the two? oh and also what about the lack of "enjoyment of driving" as i mentioned earlier? is that a laoda rubbish of is it true to a certain extent?

thnks. nick. :)

Who ever told you that needs to be taken outside and beaten with a big stick :lol: the corolla is a fun drive I have some movies that I will try to upload later of my Sr and my mate pete's G6r on the motorway today you will soon see that is no lack of "enjoyment of driving" :lol::lol::lol:

When are you going to see the G6r?? does it have a body kit like mine???

i dont know ive got a pic i'll email it 2 ya?

You have PM! :rolleyes:

oh out of interest whats the 0-60 on a G6R?

:thumbsup: I have olso a G6-R with the standaard engine the 4A-FE .

I live in Holland and in Holland there are only 200 G6-R sold all in the Color

Blacksatin.

you can have a look at my homepage .

I will say BUY THE G6-R you wont regreaded :yes:

o right cool the tte kit?

i wanted to modify my civic clean JDM style (type-r lookalike etc) and would also wish to do that if i got this corolla. what kinda things are we talking about here?

(civic's we're talking bout type-r spoiler, type-r grille, rear 3 windows tinted, red recaros etc)

ooh what are the quality lowering springs corolla owners get?

same as i would for a civic? Eibachs?

I have had my G6R six months now and its great. its 9.5 secs 0-60 so its not too bad. I lowered mine on Pi springs 40mm it looks sweet.

I have had my G6R six months now and its great. its 9.5 secs 0-60 so its not too bad. I lowered mine on Pi springs 40mm it looks sweet.

is that the official 0-60 time?

the PI drop may look sweet but is it a quality ride (as what eibachs would have on civics :!Removed!: ) ?

:thumbsup: I have olso the TTE ( Eibach ) loweringsprings they are good for me why not for you ?

jo,

do you know of any cheap TTE bumpers anywhere, new or used as i'm on the lookoout for one in satin black

ed

The Toyota garage told me 9.5 secs and the Parkers used guide says that also.The Pi springs are decent yeah the ride is fine and what you would expect really when you lower your car 40mm. Because i have 17inch wheels with very low profile tyres the ride is a bit harsher than it would be with smaller wheels.

mmm... im still in two minds about it...

i may go see it in the next week but -

i have found out i can get insured on a celica (!) except my dad says its not a good car to learn in because you sit too low ?! is that right?

basically i am deciding on one of these - G6R, 100NX, Civic (Celica?)

(except i cannot find a civic and want a car!)

what do you lot think?

i'd love any opinions! thanks. nick! :D

however i am quite "intrigued" by the 'rolla...

so can i confirm that i think the G6R is the fastest UK corolla?

- its not really important as i dont want to drive fast and crash my first car :( but id like to know anyway! thanks! :D

however i am quite "intrigued" by the 'rolla...

so can i confirm that i think the G6R is the fastest UK corolla?

Out of the ae111's the G6r was the top model. it had the same engine as the Sr 1.6 16v they both had 109bhp 0-60 9.5 but the g6r had 6 gears so might be a tad faster but I cannot confirm this as when my mate got his g6r I had a supercharger on mine so I cant give a fair test as my charger is 190bhp :lol::lol: and sort of gives me and advantage

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links