Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Iq3 Owner!

Hello peeps! New IQ Owner here! It's been a week since I purchased a 59 Plate IQ3, I have a few mods in mind already, but I have already installed LED licence plate lights, LED sidelights and 5000k 35W HIDs.

Future mods include, underseat subwoofer, Scion IQ spoiler, rear diffuser, silver indicator bulbs, lowering springs, 17" alloys, yellow tinted fog lights and more...

This all costs money! So I will be a very slow process. Here's my car..

post-129824-0-41831800-1362782678_thumb.

Jason :)

Hello and welcome to the forum, great choice of car :)

Hi Jason

Great choice of car. :)

Looks a lot like mine when I first purchased it. I have added most of the mods you mention and although it takes and money, it does enhance the appearance of the car. I have some chrome fog light bezels here to fit but waiting till the warmer, dryer weather arrives for the adhesive tape to stick properly.

I started a build thread here of my car...

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=134890

Is yours 6 speed manual or CVT?

Have fun!

Craig.

Welcome to the club Jason, nice and shiny car ya got there. Are your new sidelights more powerful than the originals? I took a look at mine the other day and I've seen more light from a firefly's backside. I keep thinking about changing them for brighter bulbs, but am a little aprehensive about doing it.

Hey, thanks guys! I feel so welcomed!

Craggle, I will check out some of your work, I think it might help me in the future, but hopefully it won't look exactly the same as yours... I like to be unique haha. The car I have is a manual, I've always driven a manual, need something to keep me busy otherwise I would probably doze off.

Bob, my new sidelights are just temporary led ones, I'm still looking around for some 5000k CREE LEDs to match with the HIDs, CREE LEDs tend to be quite bright, not sure about everyone in the forum but I like the white colour look (5000K) over the white with a slight blue tinge (6000k).

However, in terms of brightness of the LEDs, they are indeed brighter than halogen ones, but if you want some to match your OEM headlight bulbs, you can check out these...

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/philips-vision-led-w5w-t10-4000ktwin

They are 4000k in colour so they should match the standard headlight bulbs in colour, and they are brighter than the OEM sidelights too. :)

Actually scrap what I said before about the 4000k LEDs, those are interior bulbs and probably don't have the resistor to prevent dash warning lights from coming on. But it does show that there are 4000k LED bulbs out there... despite the majority being 6000k... especially on Fleabay.

Edited by Guest

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links