Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noob, Come On Help Me Out

Moffmo

So right, I am a 17 yr student with a ***** job and a Wicked 1.3 T3 3Dr Yaris, I love my Yaris and i want to make it better...well not better, as it is hard to beat anyway, but more unique...

As i said above i have a ***** job, and a ***** job equals low wage.

As i said above i am 17 yr old, and being 17 years old means high insurance.

as i said above, i really dont have a lot of money, and not having much money means i cant void my warranty :)

So any suggestions to make my car more unique? I would like a spoiler but even those are too expensive.....

I was thinking little things, but make the car look better :)

Any Ideas..... :blink:

Cheers Matt

LANGUAGE! - JAXX

Edited by jaxx

heheh :lol: vmail, i think u maybe u missed how he pointed out hes a 17 yr old with a ***** job n high insurance...sucks dont it mate, im going on 19 insurance is still high and being a student u donty have much cash

hows about

interior neons, wack them into the footwells and wire them into interior roof light, or jst into the 12v sig lighter plug, looks a sweet, i have 2 blue 1s which ive wired in so they go on when i open door, not expensive either, £17 each get them from Halfords, lexus rear lights would look sweet too, but ur looking at £100 cheapest, got some on eBay, well there was not sure if there still on there, usual retail at about £150 ish .. well thats what ive found anyways

OOo a definate must r 6x9s, make such a diff 2 standard Speakers, u get a lot more base n btr quality, u can pick a good pair up for about £30-50

good luck with the mods mate, keep us posted :thumbsup:

Edited by jaxx

I was thinking on Neons in footwells but i have NO IDea at all how to wire them and stuff, i would liek to put some in footwells and have it linked to the headlight switch....If someone told me, i would do it. One question

Is it distracting at all? or illegal? and do you have to do some damage to make them stay in? like drill holes etc.

Thanks man

Oops, Btw i have the standard alloys, i managed to haggle the dealer into giving me them free but....they arent that good.

Anyone know how much it is to lower supsension, i wouldnt mind making it into a sporter suspension becuase i love sport suspension, the cornering is wicked...Id love to do that if i could.

Matt

nah i jst used zip ties, or some string to hold them in place, ull find with the passenger footwell that it will sit nicely actually jst needs to by tired up so if u hit a bump in road hard it dont pop down, driver side is fairly simple 2, no damage at all, i dont have mine on perminantly i wouldnt have thought that they would b 2 distracting, down to individual i guess if u find they r, disconnet them from the lights n wire them in somewhere else...afraid not to sure how to wire them into lights, been wondering this myslf

as for legal side, as long as u cant see it from the outside then its perfectly fine, supposidly not to be on when driving but seeing as there going to be in the footwells u wont really see them from the outside, untill u open door.

been thinking of gettin some for rear, make back of car glow abit, not too sure yet

my cold cathodes are velcroyed on

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11465

mine are brighter than neons, so bright that your face goes blue and other ppl can see it from the outside, they are not distacting unless you have got sound activated ones like mine

Hey i liek the velcroed cathodes, think i would keep them out of view though, How much are cathodes as apposed to neons? Also whats is the sportzblue thing? is it something you buy or is it that 70% clear lacquer and 30% blue paint like i read on another topic?

Cheers Matt

ive got those vmail, got them off eBay, but couldnt seem to get them to work, which kinda sucked...actually totally sucks lol, tried them in interior roof light jst to see if they worked...didnt, connected them up to a 12v again didnt :( any suggestions

Chuck, if you can get some in rear i would do that! Looks wicked..

I cant believ you got the thunder grey, i wanted that so bad but you can only get in on the t-sport :((((( i really liked that colour

Matt

yea agree, thats where both mine started, but i decided to move them to the footwells as i saw thats where my mate had them in his car and looked wicked jst comming on when he opened the door, so decided to do the same, if i can get my cathode working ill wack that in the rear

Chuck, if you can get some in rear i would do that! Looks wicked..

I cant believ you got the thunder grey, i wanted that so bad but you can only get in on the t-sport :((((( i really liked that colour

Matt

there is an elastic under the seats, that what I used to hold mine in the back

ok, red and black (pos and GND), you know that, ok white wires hold 620V approx, when plugging the white wires into the invertor{box} make sure you do it the correct way round otherwize you will blow it

I would get em from Maplins approx 30quid

cathodes are fragile, neons are stronger

ive got those vmail, got them off ebay, but couldnt seem to get them to work, which kinda sucked...actually totally sucks lol, tried them in interior roof light jst to see if they worked...didnt, connected them up to a 12v again didnt :( any suggestions

roof lights wont work? filiment could be snapped, stick a multimeter on it

And where is maplins? lol. Is it 30 quid for two or just one?

Cheers

Matt

maplin.co.uk

30 quid for 2 plus one dual output invertor

Just to be sure, am i getting one designed for modding computer cases?

If so wouldnt the ones on eBay be good enough?

Cheers

computers run at 12V and 5V, car approx 13.8V, cathodes are designed for PCs only, but I stuck them in the car, go for it, if you want it from eBay, cant comment cos Ive never tryed those ones

oh just remember the front ones will get kicked alot when you get out of the car

hey vmail, apologise in advance for dumb questions here but what is a multimeter, wheres best to get 1 and how much am i looking at if i was to buy 1

What about window tints? You can do them yourself if you're careful and take time.

A multimeter is a combination of voltmeter, ammeter and all of this gauges that you played with in physics at school (or at least I did! :bookworm: ). You should be able to get one from Maplins (as above, search for product code N49AB - it's a tenner plus postage) or even one of the DIY stores.

Hope this helps,

A

I was thinking of tinting windows, but i have been reading about them and there are legal issues which i dnt want to break, and i have seen some cars with them and they look really shockingly crap, and it was obvoiusly a home job. Is it easy to do? can you mess it up easily. Also will i be able to remove them without permant marks for when i need to sell it?

And for the cathodes hookup. how exactly did you do it? where did you connect all the wires and everything becuase i going to try it as on eBay they are quite cheap. Will i need the 1x Inverter which has 2 connections for the 2 tubes, and the rocket switch..

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links