Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noob, Come On Help Me Out

Moffmo

seriously wouldnt recomend doing it urself, unless u are able to get the glass out onto a dirt free work bench and are willing to sit their for hours on end, if u want these done save up and get a profesh 2 get them done

not saying u would do a bad job, but saying u did, how would u feel looking at it everyday, ud prob end up forking out even more money to get it sorted out, theres a post under genreal about diy tinting, have a read of that if u havnt already

Charlie

hey alanbradley thanks, um..second dumb question of the day, pls bear with me :P is this used for wiring my neons/cathodes into, whats this got to do with interior light, if anythin

cheers :thumbsup:

Yeah, I know what you mean about them looking crap sometimes... I think that getting them right is a matter of taking your time, but I can't say that I'm talking from experience here...

As regards the legal issues, I believe that you are allowed to tint as dark as you like behind the driver's window (i.e. your rear side windows and the rear window), however there is a maximum percentage tit that you are allowed on the front side windows and you are only allowed a negligable tint (probably what it already is) on the windscreen. If you have to have your windows tinted for security reasons (ie. you're famous!) then you're allowed a darker tint on the front windows. I only know as I've been tentatively looking at tiniting the rears on my car.

I have seen stuff for removing the film, but again I don't know how effective it is.

A

Me again! (I really must get a life...)

The multimeter is simply for checking that you have good connections throughout the wiring as far as I can tell. Normally they have a "beep" mode so that you know that there is a seamless connection between where you stick the first probe and where you stick the second (wherever that may be!).

Personally I don't play with the electrics in my car because I too have a warranty to protect!

One of my lecturers at university used to say that no question was too stupid, as long as you didn't ask it a second time...

A

if i put cathodes in my car that wont void warranty will it?

matt

no

Cool, vmail, if i brought some would you guide me how to hook them up to the main power supply and make it look neat and tidy?

Thanks

Matt

yeah, best to get the power from the cig lighter, first plug in the cathodes into the invertor, then wire up the invertor, you will need a multimeter to find +12V and GND, also cut of the molex 4-pin plug that comes with the cathodes, cos its just in the way

erm...in english??

Is it not as simple as say like plugging a light in lol

and when you say power from cig lighter you mean have some sort of apadptor that plugs into cig lightor, or you mean from wires that go in behind it?

not an adaptor, you can get these blue things which will merge the cold cathode wires with the cig lighter wires, or simple strip the plastic on the cig lighter and solder the wire and insulate it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links