Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sony T69 Cd Changer With Builtin Head Unit

little-red-yaris

Hi,

I have been trying to fit a Sony T69 cd changer into my girlfriends 2001 Yaris but am having a problem.

I've searched the how-tos section, the stuff by VTRick & Yarisboy on removing the center console was v. useful, Thanks.

I have everything connected up, T69 to ATYS001 to Tape Deck but the CD changer will not work.

I have installed the cd changer in the boot and run both cables (bus lead and audio) down the passenger side and up to the center console. I've connected the bus and audio leads into an ATYS001 converter and then the Y cable into the tape deck.

When I power everything up the CD changer takes the disks ok, the radio and tape deck work ok but when I press the Tape/CD button next to the LCD display nothing happens.

The back of the tape deck looks like this pic before I connected up the ATYS001, (I found this pic on the net, but it is exactly the same):

car%20014.jpg

I have plugged the Y cable that comes with the ATYS001 into the right hand socket.

The Y cable appears to have 1 grey wire that is connected at one end only, the other end is hanging loose, is this normal?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Bust head unit? Nah seriosuly mate I don't really know. If everything is connected and everything is powered up then in theory it should work. Maybe a dodgey wire or head unit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links