Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats The Most You've Had Out Of A N/a

jez_1_2000

Hi all,

I read somewhre that a N/A mr2 can do 138mph in stock form, i've just had 105mph out of mine and was on about 5000rpm so i cant see where the other 33mph is going to come from? whats the most you guys have ever got up to?

I don't normally speed, i just wanted to see what i could do :rolleyes:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jez_1_2000

• ZeroBlade

• Bibbs

• DeusMR2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

About 130/135 out of my old NA .. and that took a LONG run up ..

The Tubby was 160+ red line in 5th ..

The Tubby was 160+ red line in 5th ..

Red line? whats that?

Why are turbo's faster? i thought the function of a turbo was to give better accelaration and the top ends would be the same?? :blink:

Red line .. 7200 rpm - where the engine cuts out ..

More torque gives you the higher top end ..

ahhhh....thought it was some kind of additive or uprated oil :D

so a N/A wont get up to 7200rpm then cause it has less torque?

Bingo ..

Now you question for £1000, you have all three life lines ..

Can i phone a friend? 50/50? :D

What mods can be done to a N/A to improve this then? i've already got a k&N induction kit and i know you can get NOS but what else??? think somebody on here said they've has a N/A up to 274bhp or something like that, i dunno :blink:

I was gonna say!

My n/a doesnt stop at 5000k revs.

mine didn't stop there...... just i caught up with another car so had to slow down. plus, i had the roof off so if i'd gone any faster i probably would have had my head sucked through the roof! :afro:

LOL!

Last summer I drove 250 miles from my house in england to my mums house in scotland (near jimlad) with the roof off, M1, A1(m).. my ears were ringing!

You get alot of attention tho!

i'm not sure how fast i was going exactly, but when my zorst was just fitted, h& had been run in a little i managed to reach the limit if the speedo i.e. the 160 mark or therabouts. it felt like it coulda easily gone above that, cant rem what the revs were at, but i felt like i should slow down...

i've not had the chance to attempt this again. this was me driving at about 4am on the m1...

-Z

I had a race with my mate tonight, he was on his gsx-f 600 and me and

another mate were in the 2.

Now obviously acceleration wise the bike was much faster,

but at top speed we were side by side with 140mph on both our speedo's!

(p.s. Roof off and lights up)

Heres a pic at a slightly more sensible speed. :thumbsup:

Click

rev1/2's were sposed to be capable of 142mph, slightly faster than the l8r revs ;)

-Z

Well i can vouch for that!

I backed off when i hit 140mph but i think it had a bit more left

I've had 125 outta mine on the M1 going to Santa Pod a few wks back, with some to go yet, but too much traffic in the way, was abit shaky tho, shox have had it, hopefully getting my Spax kit fitted 2sday with Proflex anti-roll bar bushes.

i'm not sure how fast i was going exactly, but when my zorst was just fitted, h& had been run in a little i managed to reach the limit if the speedo i.e. the 160 mark or therabouts. it felt like it coulda easily gone above that, cant rem what the revs were at, but i felt like i should slow down...

i've not had the chance to attempt this again. this was me driving at about 4am on the m1...

-Z

160 in a mk2 mr2 n/a?

Post some specs?

:wacko:

This is how fast my mate was doing in his N/A a few years back, he was actually slowing down from about 130 whan they caught him.....

117mph.jpg

And can you believe he got away with 28 day ban, a fine and no points....lucky bas*ard!

Also I thought the gearing on an MR2 only allows you to produce 158 max.... and i've heard people boasting 170+, maybe there reading in KPH....

I like the idea of owning a 140mph+ car...

Me to.... and i'll probably never do it but, it would be nice when you got one of them cocky little :censor: in their nova's or xr2i's with the kenwood stickers in the windows to be able to just leave them behind because as you all probably know, when they see your car they're like all in ya face and driving up your :censor: ! i've tried ignoring them but they just drive off with a smug look on their face after about 15 minutes of getting on ya !Removed! and that makes me a little :ffs:

thats better now i've had that winge..... :beer:

I've been in a rev2 N/A and personally taken it to 140mph. The bloke who owned it said he'd seen 150mph on the clocks and that was quite believable. It only had an induction kit.

I've seen my rev3 turbo do 155mph on the clocks and it was still pulling, had to slow for a corner though <_<

Mine hit a wall at 119MPH on the dot (tis limited :crybaby: ) not a nice feeling, speshly when your not expecting it, blatting along and bang you think a tyres gone or something *shudder* so i dont tend to take it over 105 if i can help it.

I rr'd her a couple of weeks ago, the bloke was busy bouncing it off the speedlimiter in 4th :rolleyes: smoke anyone? :blink:

Had my sx off the clock (160+) and a mate with a 500bhp R33 regularly hits 180 :drool: imagine getting caught at the speed, :eek:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links