Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Leak, Please Help? :)

essexlee

oh shyyyiit!!! just got back to my car at a mates to find a small pool of oil under it, not good.

Mate and i have a quick look and it appears to be coming from the diff, and looks just like it came outa the bottle new. Any one had this, and what was the damage roughly??

i had a new clutch fitted last week, and todays the first time ive noticed it, would you have to take a gasget or anything that may leak off to do this? im hoping the bloke just screwed up putting it back straight or something

Any input and im a grateful man

Cheers

Without seeing it, it sounds like a oil seal as gone on the drive shaft,not a big job to do . But a pain in the backside to do :ph34r:

My car has a little oil leak, it started just after i had redline mt90 gear oil put in. i dont think the mechanic changed the seal on the drain plug when they did it so me thinks thats whats wrong :yes:

Need to get that sorted!!!

there was about a 6" wide patch on the floor this morning, took it to a mate at a garage, who put it up on his ramps. turns out the drive shaft seal has blown. He said exactly the same as you guys, and that he thinks the bloke who done my clutch overfilled the gearbox oil, and the pressure caused it to pop the drive shaft seal. *****!!!!

so i gota take it back to the bloke who did it and he said he will put it on his ramps this afternoon and see whats what.

We shal see!

i had two new seals think it cost abot£35 for the pair. most like the guy damaged the seal when refitting the driveshaft. tell him you'll supply the seals if he fits them for free as he obviously damaged them when doing the clutch

That was pretty much the exact same thing that happened to my Mr2 in january. Took it to get a new clutch fitted and a week later noticed it had an oil leak after the job was done.

Turned out there was a leak around the crankshaft and the oil was being tossed everywhere by the belt. **** big mess everywhere considering I was leaking like 1 quart a day depending on how much I would drive.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links