Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warm Hatch?

T V O R

Is this right?

I was looking at the specification of the Yaris and apparently it weighs 1400kg, which, correct me if I’m wrong, is almost 1 and 1/2 ton?!!

That’s a LOT of weight for a small car, no wonder the poor thing gets labelled as a warm hatch, if it lost half a ton it would definitely be very hot, but then again it wouldn’t be as safe.

No wonder it does well in the NCAP crash tests :thumbsup:

Your comments please...

I know what you mean. The Yaris deffiently isn't 1400kg, you just know that by how the car feels. But that is what the manual says is the gross weight (which includes the wheels doesn't it?). The kerb weight is just under 1000kg (for the facelift).

Yes folks I think you are right!

The gross weight is 1400kg and the kerb weight is like you said, around the 900/1000kg.

The information was from the Toyota web site.

Thanks for the correction :thumbsup:

is gross weight not with four people in it? there is NO WAY it can be 1400KG thaths laugable there would be no way it can pull a 9 seconds 0-60 with 105 hp if it was 1400kg

right just been on the toyota website here is the spec

Kerb weight total maximum (kg / lb) - 995 / 2193.98

Gross vehicle weight total (kg / lb) - 1400 / 3087.00 :eek:

so it is one heavy car :blink: , imagin wot the engine could if it was in a lighter car

Or imagine what the car could do with the same engine if you made the Shell lighter. It's really easy (and free) to make a car go faster by reducing weight.

There's probably around 15-20kg of sound-proofing alone in a Yaris.

Rip it all out, baby! ;)

isn't the gross weight the maximum laden load? Ie the maximum Kerb weight...is the weight of the car with no peeps in or fuel.

Maximum gross..is fully laded with Roof Rack etc?

Mine is 860K with no fluids.....so after sticking in the fluids...sure it's about 900

Definitly is nothing like 1400K normally....hence why it's just as quick as the BMW Mini...which has more horses...but it's kerb weight is 1200K. so almost 300K more.

Vipes

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links