Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got Collared 2nyt

MisteR 2

I must admit that I was under the impression that the plates themselves had to be a certain, predetermined shape. It seemed to me that the number plate was the only constant from car to car..............Then I saw a Rover 75 with the stupid half a cheese smiley plate on the back. WHY OH WHY OH WHY OH WHY....what's the point of that????

Rich

Chrome letters? – not surprising is it? :rolleyes:

The front plate was defo bad news, the copper had to take a foto of the plate 'to send to DVLA'. He was using an instant camera!! OMGGGGGG!!! He said it'd be no point trying to foto the front cos it'd probably just come out blank, so had a go at the back, he was like crouching down at an angle, but the rear plate came out quite clear, albeit a bit smaller. He said that cos the DVLA had the number in the database when receiving the foto, then if I were to be collared again with it on, then the DVLA would render my reg unusable, and give me a 'Q' reg, therefore devaluing the car?!?!? NE1 know if this is true or a load of poo?? BTW, I was PARKED in a none public car park, not actually driving on a public highway, so does the whole thing still count?? If ne1 knows Surrey, it was Farnborough Gate car park,I think its not a public car park neway.

if it was a private car park you can do what you like .. but most carparks are actually counted as roads ..

Like on track days, you don't need plates/MOT/tax anything ..

Im sure Ive seen thos new alpha romeos with tiny plates and also the evos. I was planning on putting my plate in the rad area too. Bibbs you didnt by any chance have a square import front plate or did ye have the UK long plate in the rad area?

Oh and anudder thing...havent you like got away with havin the plate on your front screen for like 2 years now? :lol:

Import plate .. in my window for 18 months or so yeah ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links