Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whistling Turbo

Markturbo

on my mr2 turbo when you floor it you can hear the turbo whistle up as the power increases is this right as one of mates says he has read when its like that the turbo is on its way out

no offence but your mate knows nothing lol :P its perfectly normal and personally I love listening to it whistle up..specially with the windows down B)

....and it sounds even better with an induction kit... :)

cheers i love the sound as well then when the blow off valve goes its even better i have a induction kit but its dirty and looks **** any ideas on a good one

Funny cos my CT-26 started whistling about a month before it all went pear shaped. Just a small puff of white smoke to start with and then a bit more and then a smoke screen any army tank would be proud of. My new turbo whines a fair bit though but I wouldn't get paranoid cos if it's going to go then it is going to go. And yes it is the sweetest sound known to man.

all depends on how much it whistles

if its whistles like a banshee then you have problems.. faint whisltes are normal.

if it screams then start to worry

Yeah a small whistle is usually nothing to worry about but a loud one :unsure: like the GTS-T R32's.....****load of them I see around whistle REALLY loud!!

Cheers

KiwiMR2

if a turbo does go what sort of price are you looking at to get it fixed with fitting and everything

A bird once told me my spoolup sounds like a hairdryer behind her head and laughed at the BOV sound...not a 'wow thats cool' type laugh..more a 'that is so stupid' laugh.

But she sh@t her pants proper when I took her on a death run...she wasnt beeldin laughin then. Almost broke me passenger handel!

hmph, birds for ya!

and a disclaimer to cover my back...

erm i mean general brids who no nowt about motors, all u lovely ladies on these forums are OK w. me :thumbsup:

-Z

If you are relay worried about it you could swap it for my nice red N/A :P lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links