Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Dies When Turning On Headlights

Matsax

I have a 96 Camry and had the engine stalling a couple of times for few seconds a while back. Now the engine actually dies and the electric power is gone for several seconds. After that I can start the car and drive on like everything is fine. I noticed that it also happens when I turn on the headlights, the engine dies, the electric is gone for a few seconds, the clock is reset, the radio presets are lost, but then I can restart the car and it drives fine. It does not matter if I drive 25 or 65 miles, if the car is cold or hot, or if its raining. Any ideas what the problem could be?

I finally had the Battery and alternator/regulator tested and everything came back fine. Any idea what else it could be? It happened again yesterday so I am still trying to find the cause of the problem. Thanks.

There could be a short in the starting/charging system wiring.Was the stuff checked with everything still in the car?

You could jiggle the wires around from the alt/batt/starter while the car is running to try to duplicate,especially the grounds.LOOK OUT FOR MOVING PARTS!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links