Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gt Spoiler High Level Brake Lighting

teamdoa

Hi,

I have just bought a Celica GT!! and was wondering why the high level brake light is blanked off on the rear spoiler. I know it isn't really needed I suppose as there is already one on the back, but is it possible to activate it? I see it seems to be covered by a silver metal blanking type plate.

Thanks

Andy

You can connect it. Under the boot lid plastics you'll find the connector unplugged. Plug it back in and you have a working light!

Well, I asked at the Toyota garage where I bought my GT from, and they said they can't connect it. I presume it isn't as easy as I thought. Is there even a light unit under the silver blanking plate thingy?

I have a TRD genuine spoiler with brake light. THERE is a connector for the light. It's more like they don't know where the connector on the car is.

Here is the fitting instructions!

http://www.celicahobby.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/18549/Spoiler-TRD-Adjustable-Rear-Wing-Install.html

• Like 1

I have a TRD genuine spoiler with brake. THERE is a connector for the light. It's more like they don't know where the connector on the car is.

Here is the fitting instructions!

http://www.celicahobby.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/18549/Spoiler-TRD-Adjustable-Rear-Wing-Install.html

Thanks for that. Yes, it looks like they just couldn't be bothered to do it. Thanks for the info.

Sorry edwardio not quite as easy as that.

There is a fitting guide over on celica club (when the site comes back online)

You need to plug in the connector behind the plastic panel on the boot, then remove the rubber bung on the left hand side up by the roof and you'll fint some wires in there, you need to connect one or two wires up to send power to the light. The guide explains which wires to connect but I can't currently post up a link as the website is down.

So, there is actually a plastic light cover and the bulb under the silver plate thingy? Why didn't they just connect it anyway at the factory?

The site and link is working again, try it now.

Well, it still doesn't work for me.

need to check your pc mate, clear out your cookies, history etc, cos it works on my phone, tablet, laptop and pc.

Ok, it works now, although I have not changed a thing on my PC. But..

"You do not have permission to view this topic."

I'm logged in.

ok glad your'e sorted.

This is what I get when I go to any link on that website.

Sorry, we couldn't find that!

You do not have permission to view this topic.

I am logged in...any ideas?

Yep...delete browser history including saved form data recrnt pages etc etc and login agaim......

Tried that, says the same thing. (Internet Explorer Windows 8)

Tried it on Ipad 4 as well, same message.

I just tried it by logging out, doesn't work.

Looks like you have to register and be logged in to view it, then it shows up fine using IE 8 and Firefox v20

• 11 years later...

I am installing an aftermarket wing , replacing the stock spoiler on a 2004 Celica. In California, do I need to connect the electrical wiring for the 3rd brake light on the new wing?

Are you asking if it is a legal requirement to have it connected and working?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links