Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Not Happy!

ms speed

OK people...

I need you thoughts and feelings on this one..

Recently my partner brought from CARISMA STYLING a termintor rear wing costing £200 plus p+p

He used his mums address for delivery as we are not at home during the day..

when it was delivered it had to be signed for to say it had been recieved (of course)

When we opened it up last inght it had a huge split and a chunk of fibre glass missing.. the packaging was poor (one sheet of bubble wrap and a flimsy box)

we were of course quite upset, so i rany CARISMA STYLING this morning, and was basically told tough luck matey! :(

they claim that it should have been checked before it had been signed for, i explained that it went to his mums and she couldnt be expected to unwrap and lift such a thing, and that she is not in the habit of opening other peoples parcels..

again i was told "well madam, that is your problem"

I am totally disgusted with thier service, or lack of it i should say.. :angry:

Has anyone else had similer problems with them? where do i stand? when we ordered they did not say it had to be checked before being signed for..

Many thanks Guys!

hrm can't really say anything helpful here...

but its something that i've always worried about, cso i send all my stuff to my parents house too...

charisma r being gits tbh. ring em up again & say that u understand it wasnt THEIR fault but rather the delivery companys, and if they have insurnace on postal items. i assume they should for things of that price...

-Z

The couriers were probably to blame not Charisma. I have seen how couriers often handle packaging and as a result if our company ships anything, we attach shock sensors to the packaging. If the parcel is delivered with the sensor showing red - it means that it has been drop or thrown about.

Charisma will have had insurance and you/they need to take it up with the couriers. No offence, at the end of the day they are not legally responsible as the signature on the form means that the goods have been received and in good condition.

If any of you are letting friends, relatives or business associates sign for packages, make sure that they write "UNCHECKED!" next to their signature, regardless of whether they know exactly what the package is meant to contain. It's the only legal way around it.

I feel for people in these situations.

All the best with sorting it out :thumbsup:

I feel for you, but things should always be signed for as unchecked.

:lol: snap - ooppss

cheers system, im not so much upset at the way it has been damaged, yeah ok, couriers do throw things, we all know that, it was the poor packing, and the absalute rudeness of the bloke on the phone..

he didnt even offer a replacement, or anything.. just said tough!

i would have thought with the amount of pastage we had paid it would have been better packed, in my opinion, one sheet of bubble wrap is no where near sufficient packing for somthing so liable to get damaged..

Oh well, we live and lean.. didnt know you could sign for somthing unchecked.. will definatly remember that in future!!

:thumbsup:

i didnt know that either, guess how i'll be signing EVERYTHING from now on?

-Z

surely it's the sender's responsibility to ensure that it is properly packaged? any damage occurring during transport is not the receiver's fault and as such they shouldn't have to pay.

id persue it, tell them your seeking legal advice, tell them you spoke to the shipping company, and say that they said its the senders responsibilty, the packaging was not suitable for the task in hand.

inform them that you will be posting your experiances on forums on the net.

see what they say then

trading standards??

did you pay by credit card? surely you should have interest through that?

BTW i meant insurance not interest! :D bleeeeeeeeer!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links