Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Active Sound

Rookey

Anyone know if I can tune the sub in my active sound to give a better frequency response?

I know its only a measley little sub but it sounds like it has SOME potential!hehe

Dave!

The only way I know of "tuning" a sub is to increase the amount of air being pushed from the driver or enclosure. There are a few ways of achieving this.

1] Higher powered driver with a suitable amp giving it all it needs.

2] Larger diameter driver

3] Buy and retro-fit a larger more powerful sub

and the complex one

4] Effectively tune the enclosure by either making it larger or by altering the depth and diameter of the port. But to achieve optimum quality you will need the exact Teal & Small parameters of the driver used in the cabinet and develop your enclosure accordingly with the correct fumulae... or just mess around (if you have the time) and you might be lucky :thumbsup:

HTH

Oh and of course not to forget the obvious you could do it with electronics... either a bass enhancers (I know of professional unit but am sure there must be ICE equivalents) or even more simply an equaliser.

Well, i want to get a full new system eventually, just thought i would make the best of the active sound stuff while i have it!hehe

Its the last of my worries at the moment, im concentrating on the suspension, wheels, brakes, breathing, and interior first.

Dave!

stock isnt that bad imo...

handles all music pretty fine.

gotta say tho if i pump up base via headunit on stuf like r&b it does struggle. but otherwise its good :thumbsup:

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links