Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Unichip....convince Me!

jez_1_2000

as the title says, i've become interested in this unichip that i keep hearing good things about. how much are they? what bhp increase should i get from one? Where can they be fitted? just gimme loads of info :bookworm:

at the moment i'm stock apart from a k&n k57i induction kit, can anyone give me an educated guess at what bhp i should have at the moment?? Do these unichips increase fuel consumption?

ok, thanks for any info.

:thumbsup:

if nehting the chips can decrease fuel consumption as the mapping thats done will be specific to ur car.

i think jim & pizzaboy paid about 500 quid for theirs.

-Z

Most gains are from Turbo cars ( for obvious reasons )

But my car is now running 275bhp and 270ft/lb torque. ( rev1 Tubby )

You should expect some better torque figures and a slight BHP increase. But like Dasktek, I cannot state what increases you will achieve.

Dastek are based in Fife, Scotland.

ok well what do you think about this??

Here

have a scan and let me know what you think about it. :thumbsup:

Nope !!

I had a Superchip fitted before the Unichip.

Superchips are not re-mappable.... PAP !

Fair enough they may give you some bhp/torque gains.. ( my car was at 260bhp with the superchip ). But I wouldn't advise getting one.

The Unichip is by far the better product out of the two.

I will be going larger turbo etc in the future and the Unichip will easily be able to be re-programmed to handle all this. The superchip cannot be reprogrammed.

What about that ignititon advance chip thing on the FENNSPORT website?

Would that be any good for the likes of me with my N/A. Its £200, a lot cheaper than the unichip.???

You must get a zorst and a de-cat pipe along with your induction kit. This way your car will be more tunable for the chip. Your main benifit will be in response and fuel economy under load. It will certainly feel like a different car to the standard NA. Rev3 NA owners have gained as much as 20+bhp but I dont know what torque they gained. Ask on IMOC.

I dunno about the ignition advance thing....sounds a bit gimmicky to me tbh. And besides the Unichip does the same job but far better as its custom mapped to your cars condition.

On the downside you may not pull out much power due to your cars condition/revision(2nd gen 3SGE)age . Plus its a lot of money for what can be seen(depending on your expectations) minor gains for the cash. Hell you might end up getting more benifit out of the de-cat and zorst in relation to bang for buck.

Dastek are based in Fife, Scotland.

Mmmmmm.... thats a long way from me :crybaby: I don't live all that far from jappy, just a short drive across the A50! is that the only place you can get em and get em fitted???

:thumbsup:

Nah .. I'm down in Reading .. and Millway @ Andover will do them ..

Hell you might end up getting more benifit out of the de-cat and zorst in relation to bang for buck.

Mmmm...ok, any recommendations??

And how does a de-cat pipe work??

Hell you might end up getting more benifit out of the de-cat and zorst in relation to bang for buck.

Mmmm...ok, any recommendations??

And how does a de-cat pipe work??

basically a replacement pipe for ur CAT :)

as for the zorst u've got a few choices.

But i'd suggest either a custom zorst from hayward & scott as its £300 inc. fitting, i believe some1 said.

or get a mongoose as i did, about £250 can't rem tho.

there was a thread recently on zorsts so if ya want more info just havea quick search. i'd do it 4 ya but im starvin so about to get sum grub! :drool:

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links