Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Please Iq 1.0 Very Weak On Start

koufos

Dear All

I own an IQ 1.0 litre 2010, which i purchased recently. Its in top condition, i am very satisfied with it. Since day 1 i was feeling that it was a bit slow at start up. I always had in my mind a smart car that i used to own before and always thought that the difference was because the smart is turbo. A few days ago i drove another IQ the same as mine and i noticed that it was much stronger than mine at start. To clarify what i mean, my IQ accelerates very slowly at start. Some times i press the petrol all way and its as if someone holds it back. Someone suggested that its the catalyst but i had it checked and its ok. Any ideas?

Sounds like the old IQ EGR valve problem which is a known fault on the earlier IQs but some dealerships need more persuasion than others to fix it.

Replacement is the only proper cure as a better valve was fitted to later IQs.

If you do a search of this forum you should find plenty of references to it and those who have had it done may advise you on the best course of action.

John

• Like 1

dear johnan thanks a lot for reply. i will advise the mechanic :)

pou sai re marie :) ate an evreis kanena na allazei erg poda stin Kypro laleis mou

Hi there

Bobkneale on here wrote a very good letter to Toyota about the EGR valve with very positive results. Do a search its in your best interest.

David

• Like 1

Many thanks david, i found the topic and i have send a message to Bob

Rgrds

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links