Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is There A Six Speed Conversion Out There.

JON.XL

Are there any tuners out there that have an off the shelf 6 speed box for the yaris. I Know Quaife could make one for me, but the cost is one that reflects the bespoke nature of the work.

Does any one know if the box is a generic part across the toyota range or specific to the Yaris.

The only reason i ask is that after having a test drive of a TSport and the looming delivery (sat) of the GF`s T Sport. I quite fancy a superchared T Sport but feel that the gear box would hold the car back. Just in the process of doing a few sums and working out the economics of this potential project.

not heard of one and i think a custom job would be the only option

How about complete engine conversions have they been done before?

I am very late to the Jap Scene, I think a quick Yaris would embarass asew people out there reaally fancy a wolf in sheeps clothing ?

supposidly someone fitted a 1.8 celica engine but cant be 100% verified that it actually happened.

in the future ill bung a 3sgte in mine i think :D

Can I have a go in that :eek::eek::eek:

:lol: of course mate!

just gotta source a good lump and all the anciallaries, the missus dad has lent me free loan of a nice spacious and well equiped garage, just need a nail to potter around in while its in bits and boom! ere we go!

Can I have a go in that :eek::eek::eek:

:lol: of course mate!

just gotta source a good lump and all the anciallaries, the missus dad has lent me free loan of a nice spacious and well equiped garage, just need a nail to potter around in while its in bits and boom! ere we go!

:D :D :D

Sounds good

maybe wait till winter tho as show season beckons at the mo!

got a little power hike trick coming soon tho! :D

Hope it manages to fit in dude :lol::lol: Wheel spin could be a problem but hehe who cares if it's still going forward :lol::lol:

Revel the car next year :thumbsup::thumbsup:

itll be a fight i know that! just look at Dawesys engine! and thats solid in a much bigger corolla! will probably only keep the engine std bar a zorst and filter tho

still approx 240bhp...................in a yaris!

Yepp, Activa built in a 1.8 VVTL-i engine from a Celica TS ;) That's the s***, yo :D

Activa%20Yaris_03.jpg

Has the 3SGTE thingy ever been put in a FWD car? Is it the 2.0 turbo from the GT4 and MR2 - cos both of those are RWD-style transmissions I think? :huh:

Has the 3SGTE thingy ever been put in a FWD car? Is it the 2.0 turbo from the GT4 and MR2 - cos both of those are RWD-style transmissions I think? :huh:

Check out dawseys corolla with the 3sgte also check www.fensport.co.uk and have a look at there cars They have stuck the 3sgte in a couple of fwd cars

Are there any tuners out there that have an off the shelf 6 speed box for the yaris. I Know Quaife could make one for me, but the cost is one that reflects the bespoke nature of the work.

Does any one know if the box is a generic part across the toyota range or specific to the Yaris.

The only reason i ask is that after having a test drive of a TSport and the looming delivery (sat) of the GF`s T Sport. I quite fancy a superchared T Sport but feel that the gear box would hold the car back. Just in the process of doing a few sums and working out the economics of this potential project.

Maybe you could try the gearbox from A Corolla G6 1.3 l VVTI when you have a Yaris 1.3 VVTI

you did ask about NOS couple of weeks ago, could it be that???? :ph34r:

and the 3sgte in a Yaris, now that would be some project!! :ffs:

Kenny! :thumbsup:

Is there a 1.3 G6 in GB?? Here we only have a 1.4 and a 1.6

Yup, there was a E11 Corolla 1.3 with 6 gears in GB

Is there a 1.3 G6 in GB?? Here we only have a 1.4 and a 1.6

Yup, there was a E11 Corolla 1.3 with 6 gears in GB

But you need the 1.3 or 1.4 engine There the same VVTI engine with the 6 speed gearbox the one that comes from the 4E-FE engine won,t fit because the startermotor sits on a different place

you did ask about NOS couple of weeks ago, could it be that???? :ph34r:

and the 3sgte in a Yaris, now that would be some project!! :ffs:

Kenny! :thumbsup:

eeeeeeergh! i should really stay a little more 'undercover' :ph34r:

3sgte out of a GT4 is potrntially 4WD so just disable the the rear conections and connect up as a FWD, i believe this to be Dawesys approach and im sure hes got all the potential to just fit the 4WD system in!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links