Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where Can I Buy Berman Parts.

barrie013

We have acquired a set of side 'tubes' for my wife's Rav4.1, and they are made by a company called Berman. I managed to find their website, but can't find anywhere that sells the stuff, because I want to try and get the proper brackets to fit tem. I have searched the forum, but there are only a couple of posts on here, none of which give a clue as to any dealers. Any help greatly appreciated.

We have acquired a set of side 'tubes' for my wife's Rav4.1, and they are made by a company called Berman. I managed to find their website, but can't find anywhere that sells the stuff, because I want to try and get the proper brackets to fit tem. I have searched the forum, but there are only a couple of posts on here, none of which give a clue as to any dealers. Any help greatly appreciated.

Unlike sidesteps which have a mandatory mounting bracket about a 40mm angle iron, the side TUBES on my wife's Rav were attached direct to the pre drilled and tapped holes by 10mm x 40mm bolts. Since they were factory fitted on a Granite Special Edition, I have no doubt the brackets are not required. Going purely by memory, the longer fixing tails attached to the tubes go to vehicle rear to give correct effect.

Big Kev......edit......there were some extra thick washers also fitted to the rear mounting tails, which had the effect of drawing the tubes slightly closer to car sills.

Thanks, I haven't checked that because I assumed there would be brackets. It would be nice if it turns out to be that simple.

Just been out and checked, it will need three brackets to hold them. I would like to get the right ones from Berman, so any details of where in the UK stock their stuff would be great.

• Like 1

They seem to be just OEM suppliers, so not sure whether they sell their products via retail outlets. Why not use the contact form on their website to ask about the brackets - http://www.berman.it/

got it now, didn't realise they had no retail outlets. I will do as you suggest, and I'll let you know how I get on.

got it now, didn't realise they had no retail outlets. I will do as you suggest, and I'll let you know how I get on.

......and tell them Big Kev no pleased that brackets were not fitted from new at Toyota !!!

Just a quick update...Berman didn't answer my email, so I 'phoned the local dealers who have ordered the fitting kit which will be here on Wednesday. Not only is the kit available, but so are the 'tubes' and the endcaps.Thanks for your interest and help.

End caps are about 15gbp each, and are pop rivetted on to the inside face. The rivets are made of mince, and rust willingly, allowing the end caps to leave the unit rather easily. Keep an eye out for them loosening.

End caps are about 15gbp each, and are pop rivetted on to the inside face. The rivets are made of mince, and rust willingly, allowing the end caps to leave the unit rather easily. Keep an eye out for them loosening.

Drill out the rivets, pop off the caps and put a dab or two of Tigerseal inside before replacement. Job jobbed.
  • Like 1

I used No More Nails......

I used No More Nails......

Yup, that sticks like shayt to a shovel too........

No more nails it is then. I'll even take a picture of the end result so long as I can get the boss to wash the car and make it look pretty.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links