Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is This A Car Anyone Knows About

Herbiern

:help::help::help:

A short while ago i bought my wife a 1.3 G6, and once driven it found i liked it very much, hence went on the lookout for it's bigger brother. I found it in the disguise of an SR in silver with the 1.6 vvti six speed, which, my local Toyota garage had neither seen or heard of. It has Toyota racing emblems on the two doors but came with Wolfrace wheels and Toyota centre caps, it also has discs all around, so my question to all you boffins is what is it. Sorry i dont know your jargon and i'm to old in the tooth to change now, but hopefully someone out there can help.

Cheers, Herbiern

Dont know why your Toyota garage didnt know about it. If its the one I think it is from your description. From late 1999 to early 2002. There was a six speed vvti 1.6 corolla which is the SR. There are less of them than other models but there are a few knocking around. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your help FineCatcus,

The Garage was confused by the fact it was six speed didnt understand the Toyota Racing emblems or it came with Wolfrace wheels, are these common on the ones you have seen?

Cheers Herbiern

The SR with the 6 speed gearbox was a facelifted version of the ae111 which ran from 1997 to 2000. The facelift was made from 2000 until 2002, it had the 1.6 vvTi engine. However the pre-facelift model's equivalent was the G6R with a 4AFE engine. If the car in question has one single double headlight unit then it is the facelift version (aka SR faclift) but if it has the 2 "frog eyes" headlights it is more likely to be a G6R badged as an SR.

Im not sure, but I think some of the older corollas came standard with 14 inch Wolfrace alloys.

Hope this helps and doesnt confuse you too much! lol

Ross

Facelift Corolla SR

:) :hokus-pokus: :rolleyes:

Cheers Ross, i'm beginning to realise it is not the only one around, but it is here down in Devon, and my wife's is in coolwater blue, which i also believe is unusal for a G6, hers is a 1999 and mine a march 2000.

Yo , Herbiern lots of pleassure with your Rolla , i have olso a 6 speed gearbox on my G6-R its with a 4A-FE engine .

Look at my homepage ther are some pics of my Rolla :thumbsup:

http://www.freewebs.com/corolla-g6-r/

greetsz JO G6-R

No problem Herbiern.

Yeah it is a rare car as was only made for 2 years.

Not many of them around here in Fife either!

Ross

Thanks for your help FineCatcus,

The Garage was confused by the fact it was six speed didnt understand the Toyota Racing emblems or it came with Wolfrace wheels, are these common on the ones you have seen?

Cheers Herbiern

The reason it may have wolf race wheels is that the original alloys would have pitted and the general condition would have looked un-tidy. Toyota alloys as did mine at the time are known not to last past 3 years old before they look rough. Any good toyota dealer would have changed these prior to it being re sold or the previous owner had them changed under warranty. The extra badges etc may have been added by the previous owner. You can buy such badges from web sites etc.

Dont worry its not so unusual you wont be able to get parts etc. The 6 speed gear box is the same that is in the G6, G6R, and the said SR

:thumbsup:

:D :D :D

Cheers Greerz Jo G6R

It really is a beauty, came with full service history and only 18,000 miles covered.

Drives superbly and takes me back to my hay days with MG sports. Probably not the ones you new as the first was a PA, the second a TA and finally a TD 1939 to 1946. You could have eaten your dinner underneath the bonnet.

Thanks for all you help, advice, and good wishes.

Cheers once again, Herbie. :thumbsup:

Hi once again FineCatcus,

I never realised when joining this club that friends, although unknown, could be so helpful. The advice and help given has been super I could't have asked for more.

Cheers again, Herbie

Hi once again FineCatcus,

I never realised when joining this club that friends, although unknown, could be so helpful. The advice and help given has been super I could't have asked for more.

Cheers again, Herbie

Thats the entire point of the club buddy! :thumbsup:

All you need to do now is go Gold! Get your-self discounts for your rolla fleet!

And make the trip to some meets, so keep an eye on the events listings.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links