Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Old Volvo Instead Of Iq ?

bobkneale

Just to try to get a few of you "defending" your little IQ's ! :

Is a "Old Volvo" a better option ?

Probably not, as it is much bigger, uses much more petrol, costs more to run:

(Excluding the purchase price)

However I have had about 6 of these (see attached example pic) and they all ran to over 250,000 miles and then some,,, and not one ever let me down once !

Built like a tank but almost lasts forever, perhaps I was just lucky ?

Comments ?

Positive Regards, Bob.

post-129306-0-49503400-1371134590_thumb.

• Like 1

The 200 series ended production 20 years ago - so, although the cars are well built, it may be hard to find a good one. Updated review on Honest John - http://classics.honestjohn.co.uk/reviews/volvo/240-series/

I know the lower edges of the doors suffer from stone chipping and eventual rust - hence Volvo adopting the plastic guards on the doors as in your photo

I was just thinking earlier that i need a Retro Volvo now that my driving & parking is getting poorer,

and other drivers have no respect for others cars.

How did you get that video of me in my old Volvo ?

I once drove a Volvo, only as it was a courtesy car (mine was in for a head gasket change thanks to poor Vauxhall dealer job), it was a 340, four door, and the brakes were almost non existant. I drove down to Shropshire in it, on windy roads, and believe me, it was more of a heart pumping experience than if I had gone down there in my Cav Gsi at speed!

Never again said I. I do like the new Volvo's though, nice shapes and they're getting better at fuel economy and emissions. I just entered the words 'Old Volvo' into google and there are some great looking cars amongst trash. Some nice custom jobs and concepts, as well as classics.

Wow, not many like that one out there !

Those were the one where the Vets in Holland used to drive in/with.

If one had a 450 or such, he (she) would be a veterinarian... :-) No doubt about that....

Unbreakable... and lots of space...even with special built in cupboards... and all kind of space-thingies...

My favourite Volvo was a 1979 343 DL, i loved the Rear Wheel Drive CVT, (when the belts were adjusted properly.)

It was a great car in the winter with snow tyres on.

http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/pdf/brochures/Volvo1979.pdf

A car i really wondered why i got rid of, but i think it was the Draw of the Fiat 132 Twincam Auto that replaced it.

Now thats a car i wonder why i got rid off, but it was probably the thought of the.................etc etc.

george

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links