Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Board Look

grum

cheers guys!

U2U is more advanced. You can track it to see if the person has read it.. you can create folders and move old posts.

When you get used to the new forums you will start liming it even more.

Hi Steve,

Thinking of setting up my own forum on a separate subject from this, but I think its a fantastic look and feel. I'm an IT bod, but haven't really had anything to do with php/forum side of things. Can you point me in the right direction for setting up one of these. Does someone host the site for you, do you pay separately for the forum , etc, etc.

Thanks a lot,

Mark.

Hi Mark,

This site used to be hosted on my own dedicated server.. but for a few months we are hosting on a colleagues server until i find a better dedicated server to host all our clubs websites.

I foudn this forum the best free board on the market. Go here; http://www.invisionboard.com

And download the latest version. You will then need Mysql database set up on the server.

Upload your files and run the install process.. it will ask your for the database deatails.. the rest is very easy peasy.. has its own install process.

If you want hosting then i can point you in the right place... I used to have my own hosting company but sold it, but the company who bought it from me are very good! In fact I am now a customer of theirs! :blink:

In fact I am sure if you signed up with them they would even install the board for you!

PM me for more info

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links