Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Custom Dials

Dame

I'm currently experimenting with the possibility of making some custom dials for both the turbo and N/A's . I've started prototyping, and the results so far are encouraging. If everything works out, would anyone be interested in some custom dials (speedo, rev counter, fuel gauge, battery/boost gauge and temp gauge)? I haven't fixed a price yet, but they will be reasonable.

Currently I have a few more issues to overcome, but I do have some solutions in mind. In the meantime, you might like to draw a few piccies of the sorts of designs you would like to see. I'm not asking for great works of art, just a rough idea.

I know the red dials (lettering) on the later revisions are popular. Does anyone have a piccy of the later dials - perhaps someone with a later revison can take a picture that I can use for design reference?

Let me know what you think, by responding to this thread.

The only issue I do have is that I cannot print white, though I have an idea in mind to resolve this problem. Also the dials will work best if you have 5w bulbs fitted behind the dash.

Email any designs to: damien@damiensrepository.co.uk

If you need a bigger pic then let me know.

Personally I prefer the white markings on older revs.

Dash(3).jpg

Thanks for this, much appreciated :). I don't think I'll be able to produce the glowing style of dial, mainly due to the materials I have available, though with the addition of some cold cathode tubes, you never know....

Cheers for the later Rev Dials. I'll use this as a starting point.

Nice one mate, you're a saint!! This one is just getting more exciting .....

The sheets are quite expensive, so I'll build a protype first and work out the cost. I will also need to sort out a regulator circuit to keep the voltage at 12v. Should be easy just need a few regs.

However, looking at doing all dials, with the reg circuit - assuming I can get it all to work, I'm looking at a £150 price point, which I think will be too expensive. However, is you have just the speedo and rev counter, I might be able to do it for the £100 mark. Would anyone be willing to pay this???? I fear not since it seems a quite a bit cheaper from the states.

I do have some ideas on how to achieve a similar effect using cold cathodes. May be cheaper.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links