Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Low Coolant Indicator

Mccass

OK my English is not good but i have a question.

When i start my engine, the green low coolant indicator lights for about 3 minutes.

Is that normal? The manual doesn't say anything about that.

post-132316-0-46338700-1372188659.png

That is actually the temperature indicator. It shows the engine is cold so best not to drive it too hard or rev too hard until it has warmed up.

Once the engine has run for a few minutes and the coolant starts to warm up the light will go out. It is normal behaviour and happens on all iQ's. :)

There is a red coolant light there too next to the green, cool light. If you see that one it means the engine is overheating so best to stop and investigate as soon as you can.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Craig.

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the warm welcome and your reaction.
I already thought it wouldn't be negative (because its green) but now i have a confirmation.

Thanks so much

Ruud

Toyota has been consistent over the years with their dashboard light color (colour) schema. Green has always been used for systems that are "OK" and need no constant attention. Blue has always been for "alert" lights, things that don't need immediate attention or concern. Orange is for things that may need attention but are not critical. And red - well, the Western world knows that red means it's nigh on time to panic.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links