Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tangcla's Ae112 Corolla Liftback

tangcla

Hi all,

This is my first post on the TOC forums - so let's make it good! :) I'm hoping you guys have a lot of information that I might need, as the car comes with the 7A-FE, and I'm looking at either doing a transplant (4A-GE blacktop of 3S-GTE), of turbocharging the 7A-FE.

jun.jpg

exposed.jpg

front3.jpg

rear1.jpg

boot1.jpg

Full details here!

:o Why is your bonnet laying so high by the windshield on the driversside

Hey, very nice car!

Where did you get the front driver and passenger wind deflectors?

thanks!

:o Why is your bonnet laying so high by the windshield on the driversside

The rear of my bonnet is raised with washers for heat dissipation. Cheapest simple performance mod yet ;)

Put your hand near it on a cold day, you can feel the heat... so it must be doing something! B)

Hey, very nice car!

thanks!

They're a genuine Toyota aftermarket option here in Australia - if you are seriously after some, I can get some for you and post them to you, if you're really desperate! :P

nice..like it very much....nice neons...but would red be moore..nice?

I didn't go for red for two reasons:

1) Red is one of the three colours (white, red, blue) that are definitely illegal to use on the roads here in Australia - but I haven't driven with the neons on in a while. In Melbourne, there is a big cop crackdown on modified cars for some reason (giving stupid reasons to defect people - like my friend, who got done for having his license plate too high! :rolleyes: ), so for my own safety I don't drive with them on.

2) I don't really like the colour of the red glow... nor do I like blue for that matter :D

very nice.

where did you get the front bumper from, and how much was it?

ed

Hey, very nice car!

thanks!

They're a genuine Toyota aftermarket option here in Australia - if you are seriously after some, I can get some for you and post them to you, if you're really desperate! :P

Nah not that desperate, but thanks neway :thumbsup:

very nice.

ed

Good question!! It looks like a US kit for the 4-Dr sedan. But at a closer inspection, I can tell that it's not!!

Very nice.

:arrgg-matey:

Edit: I think I would supercharge the 7A-FE. With the 7A, you're already at a 1.8 and the black top is a 1.6. The 3S-GTE might be a good swap though.

very nice.

ed

Good question!! It looks like a US kit for the 4-Dr sedan. But at a closer inspection, I can tell that it's not!!

Very nice.

Edit: I think I would supercharge the 7A-FE. With the 7A, you're already at a 1.8 and the black top is a 1.6. The 3S-GTE might be a good swap though.

But the motor mounts are not the same when you gone use the 3S-GTE al the others you can build in very easely ( 1600 cc Engines)

The front bar is by a local bodykit mob called Jetspeed, and it's an imitation of the Trial S15 body kit.

Here's the original kit:

s15_9.jpg

s15_10.jpg

s15_6.jpg

Question in regards to the 7A-FE: how weak exactly is it? Has anyone had any experience with turbo- or supercharging this engine? I'd LuuRve to have the 3S-GTE :drool: , but I know it's going to need a lot of work (ie. new radiator, gearbox, etc etc). Also, I'm probably going to go down the turbo path, so which turbo would be the right size? I was looking at the T25 or the TD04, and the WRX stock top-mount water-air cooler (because I can get it reasonably cheap).

Also, does anyone know about the 7A-GTE hybrid conversion? Apparently it is the 4A-GE bottom end, bolt on with a Porsche timing belt... is it hard to do???

G6-R,

You're right. I hadn't thought about that. What about boring a 4A-GE to a 1.7 or a 1.8? Which is what I'm thinking of doing in the quasi-near future.

tangcla,

Man that S15 is sweet. Anyway, here's something I dug up for you. Actually, it was in one of the Stickies at the top of the Corolla catagory. This should answer some of your questions.

Corolla Turbos

Anyway, here's something I dug up for you. Actually, it was in one of the Stickies at the top of the Corolla catagory. This should answer some of your questions.

Corolla Turbos

Yeah, seen that before, but thing is, the engine's internals are weak, so if I keep pushing it, it's gonna blow up on me :blink: , and I don't want that :bye:

Better to start with a strong engine to begin with, and do mods there.

Although with the 3S-GE, it will still be an NA car, and I won't get the rush... can't there be an achievable option that will satisfy both?! :crybaby:

3S-GTE is definitely out of the question, due to EPA regulations requiring me to have an engine newer than the manufactured date of my car.

Get youre self a 4A-GE 20 v Silvertop or the newer 20v Blacktop or the 4A-GZE supercharger they al fith quit easely on your Rolla :thumbsup: :!Removed!:

Get youre self a 4A-GE 20 v Silvertop or the newer 20v Blacktop or the 4A-GZE supercharger they al fith quit easely on your Rolla  :thumbsup:  :!Removed!:

What he said.

If you can't afford another engine right away, have your 7A-FE rebuilt. Just do a Google search for 7A-FE Rebuild kits and see if there's one that'll suit you. But I think G6-R has the best idea. Go for a 20v Silvertop or the Z version.

Get youre self a 4A-GE 20 v Silvertop or the newer 20v Blacktop or the 4A-GZE supercharger they al fith quit easely on your Rolla :thumbsup: :!Removed!:

Silvertop's out of the question... cos it's too old to put in (stupid EPA regulations :censor: ) but the Blacktop isn't.

But the question is, do I want to sacrifice the extra 200cc of power?

The Beams 3S-GE would be a dream to drive... but it would require more work, whereas the 4A-GE would just fit straight in (or so I'm led to believe, right?)

And at the end of the day, it's still NA... there's no turbo rush... :arrgg-matey:

Get youre self a 4A-GE 20 v Silvertop or the newer 20v Blacktop or the 4A-GZE supercharger they al fith quit easely on your Rolla  :thumbsup:  :!Removed!:

Silvertop's out of the question... cos it's too old to put in (stupid EPA regulations :censor: ) but the Blacktop isn't.

But the question is, do I want to sacrifice the extra 200cc of power?

The Beams 3S-GE would be a dream to drive... but it would require more work, whereas the 4A-GE would just fit straight in (or so I'm led to believe, right?)

And at the end of the day, it's still NA... there's no turbo rush... :arrgg-matey:

Check this out :thumbsup: lot of money ,but look at the engine it looks brandnew

http://www.modyourcar.com.au/product_info....roducts_id=2673 :drool:

Thats a nice looking motor you got there mate :thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you are thinking about an engine conversion I would go for the 4agze or the blacktop 20v you can get a nice turbo kit for the 20v :lol::lol: and a 6 speed box :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am not sure if the engine mounts will be the same for the 7afe as the 4a engines might be worth looking into I think I have seen on a website (I will look for the address :wacko: ) that someone made a 7agze I could be wrong I will have a look for you :thumbsup:

Thats a nice looking motor you got there mate :thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you are thinking about an engine conversion I would go for the 4agze or the blacktop 20v you can get a nice turbo kit for the 20v :lol::lol: and a 6 speed box :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am not sure if the engine mounts will be the same for the 7afe as the 4a engines might be worth looking into I think I have seen on a website (I will look for the address :wacko: ) that someone made a 7agze I could be wrong I will have a look for you :thumbsup:

The 7A-FE is the same engine as the 4A-FE its only bigger in CC

7a-fe is a 1800 cc engine , the 4a-fe is only 1600cc engine , so the motormounts are the same :bye:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links