Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Disc Brakes

SpankysEcho

I'm looking at changing my disc brakes to slotted/cross drilled front discs, Can anyone tell me how hard they are to remove to change them? I have removed the calipers to change pads.

I can get the replacement discs easy enough, Just never ripped off a set of Discs before,

Any Ideas? :help:

OOPS! I just relised I typed Ho in my topic line rather than How, Sorry to all the Ho's out there, My bad :!Removed!:

well i aint taken yaris discs off before, but normally once u have the caliper off its just a case of undoin a screw on the disc (by the wheel bolt holes) and the disc should come off.

hope this helps.

james

aye the disc;s just fit on by means of a few bots (without the nuts) usually HEx type.

I'd advise getting replacement fixings...and not attempting to use the exisiting fixings...as they are likely to break on removal.and it's a long walk to the garage for the bits!!

Vipes

I missed what you mean Viper,

So you remove the wheel and there is some hex/allen head screws/bolts holding the disc onto the Hub?

I have seen a picrure of the wheel removed and I couldn't see any little botls or screws holding the disc in place, Are they in front or on the back of the disc?

normally once you have removed the wheel (oviously) and the brake caliper (which is held onto the hub by 2 bolts) the only thing holding the disc to the hub is a screw! the screw is just there to lign up/hold the disc on the hub whilst connecting/disconnecting the cailper.

hope this helps!

james

just had a look at my bros pics on his site, and from memory i think there may av been 2 screws rather than just one...

8.jpg

click here to see the above pic bigger!

(you can see the 2 screws on the hub part of the disc in the pic above, click on the link to see the pic bigger tho! :P )

james

Edited by SRi_James

Thanks guys for all the Info, Now I've got an Idea how to do it, I'll rip a wheel off and give it a go, Just didn't want to start pulling things apart until I was pretty sure what to do, Thanks heaps guys.

The discs in question are made by an Australian company known as Disc brakes Australia, There a cheap upgrade and they look awesome, Check out there website, Sorry I don't have the address handy.

With the 2 discs and a new set of sports pads it should cost me about $500 aus.

Not bad! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links