Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Good Mr2 For Sale?

aberlifter

Ive found an mr2 for sale. Woman driver. 120k turbo needs a new sensor it is not running full boost. Aftermrket apexi n1 exaust. Has a rust spot on driver side rear quarter panel. Other than that everything is great. Is that a good deal for 4,500 american???

a new sensor ??

what type of sensor ? Could be some sort of other issue as to why it's not running full boost

jims rite here. the price is fairly cheap but this could be a reflection of the condition of the car...

-Z

it really is i think. The girl said either get a boost controller which will fix the problem as it will replace boost sensor. Or get a new boost sensor if i want to keep it stock.

The "boost sensor" .. what's that?

Doesn't sound like she knows what she's talking about. Low boost could be caused by a variety of problems including a blockage/leak in the air intake system, a blockage in the exhaust system, problems with low grade fuel, faulty intercooler fan or sensor or at the more extreme end, worn turbo assembly though that would be often accompanied by some sort of nasty bearing noise, but not always. At 120,000 miles, I would have thought that the turbo won't be far from dead anyway, unless she's had it replaced at some stage or has driven the car exceptionally carefully. It may of course be some other problem with the engine or ignition system

Does she know that it is low boost causing the problem? It could be that engine performance down in general and she has assumed low boost is causing this. How far up the gauge is the boost needle going, it should lift just above the top of the scale.

Back to the engine, at this milage, more major stuff needs doing such as checking the valve clearances. Having these set wrong will have a detrimental affect on the car's performance as would worn cams etc.

You need to see it really and listen to the engine, and see if she is right when she says boost is low. Could be that's she's trying to get rid of it asap in anticipation of a large bill.

yepp i agree with that there. I dunno if i should get a 91-93 turbo or get a 2000 mr-s...i found a dealer thatl sell one for 4 grand below book value. How hard and expensive is it to put a turbo onto the new mr2? Dont worry about install my father is a mechanic...so he should know how to do it for the most part.

MAYBE the idea that a 91 mr2 has about 3 grand difference between a 2000 makes me skeptical about buying a 2000 mr2. Any advice appreciated

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links