Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Its New Stereo Time

DeusMR2

right, i tried cleaning my stock cd player but now it doesnt play any cds at all (oops :P )...still this was a good excuse to upgrade :D I've gone for a Sony CDX-3300, nothing flashy at all. All i needed was something that plays mp3s, no need for a cd changer etc.

It only has one pre-out set and a sub output set tho. I've got the old style premium sound system at the moment (1 sub behind each seat) and i dont wanna mess about wth the Speakers just yet so the question is, is this diagram correct for my setup? I dont wanna spend 35 odd quid on an autoleads adaptor which you have to apparently cut and splice anyway.

Also is just having one set of pre-outs gonna be a prob? How are the stock amps wired up? just to the subs or to the front/back/tweeters too?

what would the sub output on the head connect to?

heres a picture of the back of the unit

SONCDXR3300_3.jpg

cheers in advance :thumbsup:

OK after doing some reading abou ive decided to turn to the dark side and get the proper autoleads adaptor (PC9-406) £22!!!!! grrrrrrr. apprantly itll need a bit of splice n dice since i only got one set of preouts but this shouldnt be too hard..i hope :ph34r:

Yes mate Halfords do them... they don't use the pre outs either, they use the headunits DIM speaker feeds..

They are a special order only part so you have to allow a couple of days for that.. (listed as mr2 active system) I'm about to go and pick mine up...

from previous experiance they work fine, but the volume knob becomes VERY sensitive...

good luck! any other question give mea shout.. I can even take pics of it all as I'm about to sort it!

update for ya all..

Halfords are !Removed!.

"agreed pick up date" was yesteraday.. just called..... won;t be there till next week!!!!!!

its £32 too :arrgg-matey:

:censor: ers

I would recommend using the propper adaptor, especially after seeing what numpty had re-wired Nicola and mine <_<

Here is a wiring diagram:

MR2 Stereo Wiring

And HERE you'll probably be able to find some more info :thumbsup:

thanks alot dudes, much appreciated!

i found this site which does the lead cheaper Karma, £30 inc vat and next day delivery (assuming its in stock). Im gonna order from them sometime this week

thanks again :thumbsup:

Have you got a link for the site mate???

I'd rather not have to use Halfrauds after they have messed me about, and I'd like to get one asap.. My singings REALLY bad you see :crybaby:

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links