Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Insurance

hinesh_p

just called up tesco regarding an import mr2 g-limited and GT, was turned down on both :angry: apparantly i have to be 25 to drive them imports (i am 21), however i can get insured on a UK spec GT , problem is most mr2 UKs i find are red or turqoise which is not what i want (black or silver). Are there any people here under 25 insured on an import?

regards,

HP

hi mate, im 21 and im insured on my tubby with tesco, even with 6 points. £1020 for third part fire n theft. Im insured as a second driver under my dads name though, dunno if that makes a difference to the gae thing?

Norwich refused me because i was under 25, even with my dad as the first driver, and in fact the only companies that would insure me were elephant and tesco.

:o nice1 m8 i think your dad saved you on that one is yours an import? , im currently insured on my own name on a paseo, have been quoted £1050 on a UK GT MR2, so i guess thats my only hope find a UK one wish me luck! :crybaby:

regards

HP

yeps all tubbys are imports, they were never manufactured in the UK. What I'd do if i were you is get the UK one for now, wait till youre 25 and trade it in for a tubby, that way you'll learn how it handles and youll have a nice no-claims bonus (hopefully!) to get your insurance even lower! the NA's are great fun,especially in twisty roads, ask any of the owners here. :thumbsup:

alrite there pal i'm with tesco who were just about one of the only companies that would insure me on the mr2. and its not a tubby either. standard uk n/a.

-Z

The only company i found who didn't laugh in my face was Elephant. Got my insurance for £1500 (23 M, 0 NCB) (94 N/A Import). I now got 1 years NCB and it's down to just under a grand. NCB makes a huge difference. I'll start thinking about getting a tubby when I hit 25 :)

Phone around .. I phoned over 40 companies before I got my insurance.

75% of them wouldn't insure me .. 20% offered silly quotes .. and 5% actually tried ..

Tesco have changed there policys etc.

You need to be 25 to get insured on a tubby... although they will insure me as I have been a past customer. Although quite expensive.

hey guys,

thanks for replies, its not just the turbos that i cant get touched on , its all imports in general (G-limited) and including the GT which also comes as an import as well as UK. As for as UK models are concerned it seems the nice colors like black are hard to come by! :crybaby:

Well i'm 21 with no NCB and 5 points, i own a G-Limited, and my insurance is £1300 with elephant!

Dave!

:censor: looks like elephant do, but i recently renewed my insurance with tesco, so i guess im stuck with them for a bit, but at least i know it is possible to get insured on an import - nice1 dave :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links