Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil In The Intake Plenum?

mtnet2000

:help: Okay I need some help here, They where replacing my valve cover gaskets (because they where leaking) today and I asked to see if I can see my engine while it was apart. When I went to the back of the shop I saw there was a lot of oil in my intake, actually it was all over and the oil was wet and oil was down inside the engine where this plenum connects to. The mechanic said this is normal! So basically the oil is being forced out the throttle body from the inside! Is this true for a 2002 V6 Camry w/39000 miles? And the best part is when I went to pick up my car, they told me to come back tommorow because the mechanic didn't seat the back gasket correctly, and when he started the engine oil went all over the place!!!

***56K Warning***

oilintake.gif

Oilintake1.gif

• 3 months later...

Not normal. Dealers (and others, I'm sure) too stupid to fix (as opposed to replace) things say this all the time. Best guess is the PCV isn't working right and you're getting all the blowby into the air cleaner & down to the manifold where you see it. Oil doesn't belong in the intake manifold. Check that the PCV valve is working & sucking ferociously at idle.

Norm in NJ

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links