Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Some Dashboard Lights Dont Seem To Be Working

CraigT

Got in the car today and noticed tat the lights on the dash for when you switch your lights, spots etc, dont appear to be working. Other lights such as the park brake etc are okay.

Is this likely to be a fuse, or something more?

It's more likely you have a bad connection on one of the plugs that connects to the instrument panel. If you take the dash out, you will probably find that either one of the plugs has worked it way three, or one of the wires going into the plugs is detached in some way. If it's not that, then you may need to scratch the contacts a bit to create a good connection - sometimnes the metal con oxidise which can insulate the connection.

Isnt taking the dash off more tricky than open heart surgery though?

Bollix, erm who needs dash lights anyway :unsure:

getting the dash out is easy ..

(only done it once - it's still in the lounge, getting back in is the hard bit - JOKE) ..

I have a light out too, mines behind the temp. gauge. Its really annoying.

Luckily the car will be serviced soon, so I will get it fixed then, as there is no way I am removing the dash.

Removing the dash is dead easy, I can have the whole lot out and back in in fifteen minutes. I've got to fit my chrome effect rings soon, probably next weekend at this rate. Since removing the dash is part of the job, I'll take lots of pictures and post on my website.

yep like dame says its easy once u've done it a couple of times. have a go snake. no problem at all, and easy to fit back in.

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links