Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Do Toyota Charge For An Oil&filter Change?

jez_1_2000

As the title says... does anyone have a rough idea how much an oil and filter change will be at a toyota garage??

I'm a little low on oil, i had it done about 1500 miles ago and it's leaking a bit now. I don't think the garage changed the seal on the sump plug :ffs:

Cheers... :thumbsup:

I don't know but it will be terribly overpriced.

Someone will post the right price at some point so I'm gonna put a guess in and see how close I get . . .

I reckon £30 for the oil, £18 filter, £7 misc crap and half hour labour at £45 so . . . . . .

£100

take ya normal back street garage price.. and then * it by 4!.. lol

take ya normal back street garage price.. and then * it by 4!.. lol

:crybaby: are they really that bad??

Thewy even charge you for the KY when they rape your wallet ..

AAhhhhh..... :ffs:

Ok, how much is an oil filter from toyota and this sump plug seal thing? i'll get the stuff from em and take it somewhere else to be done!!! what oil do you recommend?

A halfords filter will be just as good as a toyota one.

Just take it to a garage, it'll work out cheaper than buying the parts yourself.

somebody told me that toyota filters have something in them to stop oil driping back into the engine when the engine is off and that you should always use the toyota filter??

Filter plus crush washer was under £10 at my local Mr T ..

Ask for a GT4 one from the same year as your car .. it's the same part number but if you ask for an MR2 one you'll get the import price :)

Ask for a GT4 one from the same year as your car .. it's the same part number but if you ask for an MR2 one you'll get the import price :)

Cheers mate, i'll do that :thumbsup:

I get my oil (every 6000 miles which comes up every other month) from here, £15 including filter and everything.

http://www.national.co.uk/main/offers.asp?...=specials%2Easp

Let me know...

:o they do everything for £15???? is that right??

Hmmmm......if i got my own toyota filter would they still do it with my stuff??

cheers :thumbsup:

Check with your local National dealer. (local and national after each other don't seem right somehow).

My car is due a service now, but I'm not sure on whether I'll recuperate the extra spend a service is going to cost, on a car thats likely to go for under £2k.

I spend 18 quid on oil..bout 7 quid on blueprint oil filter and 7 quid on some oil gunk cleaner and get the job done for a tenner from my local smelly backstreet chopshop (under my close supervision :arrgg-matey: )... All for £42.

this is a :censor: easy job to do yourself.

is there only me that thinks this?, i certainly wouldnt pay anyone to do it unless u specifically want a toyota receipt for your service history.

get some latex gloves on and get down and dirty :thumbsup:

you have to jack the car up tho don't you ? Axle stands etc, etc ?....

sod that... I'd rather pay someone to do it.. lol

It is easy to do, but when you go to the shop for the oil you're never sure which one to get so you go for something in the middle (not a preformance car driver, though you probably couldn't tell by the driving) so around £10 and then £3-4 for a filter, then there's the disposal of oil.

It just seems so much easier to take it to someone, spend £15 and have it done. If you really want to save money, National do a £10 deal aswell.

Note - I am not affiliated (if that means linked) in anyway to the National chain of garages and am only recommending what I believe to be a good deal.

I do mine once a year - in between yearly services (so it get's an oil change every 6 months - I like to treat the 2 well, cos it treats me :))

Around £10 for an oil filter and sump plug gasket from Toyota, and £22 for some Castrol GTX Magnatec 10W40.

It's a piece of cake to do, does help though having a trolley jack and axle stands though :)

dj_davo's right... and Johnny C. Do it yourself. Piece of p :censor: s.

A friend worked in an 'undisclosed' main dealer, and people would take their own Mobil 1/Magnatec etc in for their service... Did it get put in the car? Did it b :censor: kcs.

The grease monkeys at this main dealer kept the good stuff for themselves and put their ******* out of their 800 gallon universal muck tin in it. How many people even know how to check they've got the right oil in the car? You wouldn't be able to tell just by looking at drops from the dipstick if you've been shafted or not!

The filter is a different story. That you can check.

I'm not saying this necessarily happens everywhere, but I think it happens too much for my liking.

Do it yourself! Get your hands dirty... resting in mind that when your turbo is spinning at 100,000rpm you've got the right stuff looking after it.

I do mine every 2,500 miles... but I only do 4,500 miles a year so it ain't too bad.

Thought you lot were enthusiasts [here comes the fight!!!] ;) :D

sod that... I'd rather pay someone to do it.. lol

now theres a suprise :P

-Z

I do mine once a year - in between yearly services (so it get's an oil change every 6 months - I like to treat the 2 well, cos it treats me :))

Around £10 for an oil filter and sump plug gasket from Toyota, and £22 for some Castrol GTX Magnatec 10W40.

It's a piece of cake to do, does help though having a trolley jack and axle stands though :)

every 6 months ??

dO you have a tubby ?? ... Tubby oil change should be every 3500 miles or so.

I have an rev5 NA Jimlad. And better still is that Toyota increased the service interval for NAs from the rev3 onwards from 6000 miles to 9000 miles :)

further to the DIY topic :P jim, u dont need to jack or axle stand it.

oil filter is a doddle to get at, especially if u have a yamaha bike filter socket as it is a direct fit, so just bang on a half inch long bar and ratchet and you're away. no need for crappy belt or chain filter wrenches or the old nail in the filter trick.

and theres enough room to lean your arm under the car (and an oil disposing carton) to undo the sump plug and let it out :thumbsup:

stop being lazy all of ya, put your own (good) oil in and have the satisfaction of not lining someone elses pockets, and looking like a noobie in the process.

although i like the sound of the national garage deal, there is no way for £10 they are gonna bang magnatec or Mobil 1 in for that price. :!Removed!:

oooh... sounds easy... especially if i can do it myself...

got any more info/pics etc ???

ta ! .. my motor's due for ANOTHER oil change !

a good thing tho is that I'm no longer commuting 70miles a day for work... :)

The grease monkeys at this main dealer kept the good stuff for themselves and put their ******* out of their 800 gallon universal muck tin in it. How many people even know how to check they've got the right oil in the car?

Yup this is why i stand and watch them...on any job...always.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links