Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trd Filter.. Or Isnt It?

eternity575

Just looks like a filter 2 me! I think it would just slot in2 the standard airbox like the standard 1 u've got now!

Cheers :thumbsup:

its a performance pannel filter.

it replaces the standard pannel filter.

its very expensive tho...£69 :eek: and then theres postage!

my bro's T - Sport has a pipercross pannel filter (£30) and a modified air box (which i made)...check out the how to section, iv made a guide on how i did it.

james :wave:

Same as TTE filter which is made by company called BMC who seem quite good.

Costs about 30-40 and can order through parts people at toyota garage or email TTE people and they will send you one.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed mine today!!!!, what I noticed right away is that it revs a little faster :yes:

u should modify ur air box to make the most out of ur performance filter... look at my guide in the how to section.

james

Im going to look at that guide right away, thanks for the advice :thumbsup:

Hi, this is the link!!! www.brandsport.com

This is the second product I buy from them. No problems so far!!!!! B)

I always thought that a good panel filter and well setup airbox should be every bit as efficient as an 'induction kit'...

the panel filter is already sheilded from the engine bay heat, due to the airbox.. for a start!

I'm not saying this is the best solution for every car... but the smaller engined yaris's certainly don't need a big induction filter on the end of a pipe :)

an airbox is generally well sheilded from the heat of the engine but can act as an oven if hot 'ambient' air is present

but if the cars moving and air is rushing through the engine it should be ok

Hi!!!

if you step on the gas suddenly, there is a very nice whooosh, also at high revs (after 5000) the engine sounds a little bit better, I dont know how to put it.... like if its very happy and wont mind a little more gas.... :lol: Now what i want to do is get a bigger diameter on the intake pipe, probably leave in the same position...

I have a 1.3 L yaris. The next step is getting a better exhaust... I need to save some money though!!!! :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links