Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What You'd Like On The Iq To Improve It

ianlinux

Would love the mirrors to fold in when locked as visible identifier that car is secure

One element that I would change in an instant is the speedometer on the iQ. The unilluminated analog needle is incredibly hard to see in normal daylight condition. With strong sunlight filtering through the top of the windshield/windscreen, a strong moire pattern is set up when the shadow is cast across the swirl pattern printed on the speedometer face.

The easy solution for this would be to use the digital LED display used on the Scion xB. Bright and clear, whether day or night - there's little left to doubt as to how fast you are rolling down the road.

The tachometer can remain as it is, since it's low in the speedometer cluster enclosure. And, I'd prefer a needle gauge for the gasoline/petrol. But, the speedometer needle is just plain wrong the way it has been implemented in the iQ.

Also, it's my understanding that all ferrous metal disk brakes (and brake drums, for that matter) pick up a light coat of rust when left idle for a day or so in a humid environment. The brake pads and shoes rubbing against such surfaces would wear off any any coatings, and you can't really control water vapor. In any event, it gets eliminated when you first depress the brakes.

Or, you could install ceramic disks. Don't know about the drums, though...

Digi dash would be nice, I used to love the one on my Monza. The auto folding mirror idea is a good one too. Built in removable glove box would be nice. Less silly stereo, needs to be more intuitive.An auto interior mirror with more up/down adjustment, mine just will not go in the right position for me. Illuminated switches that do not already have them and a decent interior light and boot light.

Also, 4 doors, 4 wheel drive, a bigger engine, wider, long wheelbase version and diesel engine.

Actually, none of the last 6

• Like 1

I added a Yaris center console, providing both an arm rest (in the center of the car, where it is badly needed) and additional storage. It also adds a second cup holder.

It's a drop in fit, requiring no holes to be drilled. The metal support mounts to the seat rails with metal clamps, and the box screws to the top of the metal support.

I performed a couple of modifications to make it even better. I added four Nylon risers and longer mounting screws to raise the top of the arm rest up an inch. I also trimmed the front of the lower shroud (plastic) to remove the cutout for the Yaris parking brake handle, and to make it easier to access the area under the arm rest. I attached the shroud to the bottom of the box with four self tapping screws, this to accommodate the extra inch of height. Finally, I moved the mounting point as far forward as the seat rails would allow, this to better position the arm rest for comfort.

The end result looks OEM, and is a good match for the plastics in the iQ's interior. If mounted forward, the rear cup holder is useable with the rear seats up or down. The arm rest is a solid place to rest your elbows in either the drivers or the passenger seat.

There is a "how to" posted elsewhere on this website, complete with photos. You can get the arm rest complete from your local dealer, or off of the internet from Japan (if you have a lot of money to burn).

The one problem with the installation is that you have to contort your body into a pretzel in order to attach the metal clamps to the seat rails. Working in our smart Passion was a walk in the park compared to reaching into the rear areas of the iQ.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links