Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dump Valve

Mr2Turb01

I have a 1992 MR2 GTS Turbo, I have just fitted a Le Mons dump valve, I'm having a few problems with it though. The instructions are not clear, i am meant to remove and block off the recirculation pipe from the standard dump valve. I'm not sure which pipe it is though, is it the large diameter pipe? I also am experancing problems when driving. When cruising at a consistant speed the car will become 'lumpy'

Can anyone help??

Thanks

Hehe I think if I were american I would use the phrase "0wn3d". Ave a gander at this link from Mr Bibbs fixed topic section...

AFM BOV problems

Rev1/2 MR2 Turbos do not like atmo BOVs as you are running an AFM meter. Only rev3+ scum like me can get away with that malarky as we ave MAP sensors. Stick with the factory Re-Circ.

Lies! Bibbs has sum wierd duel BOV sytem and you have a unichip to correct the fuelling issue. 0wn3D!

:lol:

Lies! Bibbs has sum wierd duel BOV sytem and you have a unichip to correct the fuelling issue. 0wn3D!

:lol:

lol, booyakasha!

-Z

I ran one for years no issues.....you need to block off the hole in the intake pipe.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

On the other hand, I did have issues running a dump valve. However, I believe there are different types. Mine was not a recirculating one which cause the problems with fuel mixtures when the excess air was dumped to the atmosphere.

Kiwi your car was stock wasnt it? The fuelling ***** up hits you when you start uppping power and I was thinking bout what you said and realised in NZ its so damn hot the cars dont really boost 100% like over here. Maybe thats why the problem didnt affect ye?

Kiwi your car was stock wasnt it? The fuelling ***** up hits you when you start uppping power and I was thinking bout what you said and realised in NZ its so damn hot the cars dont really boost 100% like over here. Maybe thats why the problem didnt affect ye?

My Gen II just had a flex pipe back exhaust with single exit canon style muffler, intake, & a bleed valve running 13-14 psi. We have 98 octane which It lived on for the 2 years I had it. It ain't that hot over here :) in summer good days range from 15-21 degrees and in winter it doesn't get much above 10 here in Wellington. It's intresting......MOST MR2's here in NZ run them, & I ain't ever seen one with any serious issues, well that can be put down to a bov.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links