Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Turbo Help

Markturbo

i just had my new turbo put on because the other one broke but i still have a few problems with my car sometimes when flooring the car then stopping the revs drop low and now and again the revs drop so low the car cuts out i was wondering would this have any thing to do with the blitz blow off valve on my car this was all happening before i had the new turbo put on and its still doing it

wow most topics Ive read today are about BOVs messin stuff up

Sounds like a stalling turbo due to ur BOV. Ave ye got a rev1/2?

In my experience it would be the BOV because I had exactly the same problem. It's due to the fact that the valve is not recirculating and dumps to the atmosphere. This confuses the ECUetc. and the car stalls. Take it off and go back to stock, your car will run a heck of a lot better.

:huh: hmmm.. would it be the same thing if i had a hose go from the bov back to the little hole thingy on the intake pipe?? cuz i really like the sound of mine.. and i kinda want people to know im turbo... so yah..??

would you recommend i take the BOV off then and if i did what would i replace it with i love the sound but i want my car to be reliable

Replace it with stock ..

Are you sure all your BOV pipes are plumbed in proper?

If you take the main one off the car will stall ..

i think its pumbed in ok it came in the car when i bought it how much is a stock one does anyone roughly know, the car only stalls now and then usually when the BOV has released and i stop straight away

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links