Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brkes Buggered

jamr2

;) Hi, my brakes just dont stop the car anymore, must have a heavy foot or something. any ideas on how much for full replacements or recomendations on what to get? cheers ja :thumbsup:

I think Bibbs recommends Red.Dot discs - cant remember.

I will eventually get some new aftermarket discs but i will get those EBC greenstuff pads. You have a '90 or '91 model so i think your disc sizes will be different to the '92+ models - bear that in mind....

cheers chaps, thanks for the info titto, bear that in mind when looking. dont think they are releasing fully so sticking and squeeking, not good.

Thanks for the web site DeusMR2, checking it out now.

ja

:thumbsup:

Anyone got any recommendations for Brake set up...i.e. part numbers for aftermarket discs and calipers as mine are being changed over the summer..

cheers

rev 1 & 2, mr'2 have different brake sizes, as do the n/a's compared to the tubbys. most places will usually list them for early/late type mr2's, so this' what they mean.

-Z

Big discussion a while back on IMOC (not that you can get on an use the search engine on that site!!!) about brakes on NA vs Turbo - the concensous was that they are identical year on year. And I'm inclined to believe that judging from the various brake websites I've seen (Brakes International being one of them).

Yep, there is no difference whether its an N/A or Turbo. The rule is:

If its a pre '92 car you'll have smaller brake discs that mount differently with different size calipers compared to '92+ cars.

My personal advice would be to get EBC discs and EBC greenstuff pads, although im tempted with Bibbs' setup, get in touch with him cos he knows his stuff about brakes mate.

so they're the same on the tubby's and the n/a's. i wouldnt have thought so, but hey!

-Z

so they're the same on the tubby's and the n/a's. i wouldnt have thought so, but hey!

-Z

me neither until i drove my first n/a the other week (thx debz) and the braking seemed as impressive as my tubby.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links