Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Needing More Meat

cergon

Hi all, just been quoted £144 for the Toyota subwoofer. Can anybody recommend a cheaper option which i can fit myself and will give a meatier sound system? I dont want to replace the original stereo, so something which could compliment it would be great.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vmail

• Hou

• breezer

• sera_beetle

Top Posters In This Topic

possibly something like the infinity bass link will be an alternate option, or if your willing to add another 50 quid you should be able to egt one of the VIBE active sub things which are a nice piece of kit indeed

How about a nice JBL SUB

throw away the spare wheel and bulid the sub in you will need a amp if you put a sub in.

hope this help

:wacko: and what happens when ya get a puncture :wacko:

Matt

erm, use the sub

sera_beetle you seem to be a little biased towards the JBL stuff!!!lol

JBL is CRAP, my 3rd sub was a JBL 320W I think, didnt last long, maybe it was cos of the 360W amp

well you probs was running the amp at too high gain thus blowing the voice coil,guess you dont know much bout car stereo if you think jbl is so bad!

:wacko: and what happens when ya get a puncture :wacko:

Matt

You use the stuff you get in a can i work well drove my beetle 40miles on a flat with that stuff, It will past a MOT if you just have the can in the boot (the Audi A2 has this as standard)

well you probs was running the amp at too high gain thus blowing the voice coil,guess you dont know much bout car stereo if you think jbl is so bad!

it was years ago, and the input was on half

i Have share's in JBL :D

No i have had cheap hi-fi systems in the past and you really can't match a Good branded system

JBL is CRAP, my 3rd sub was a JBL 320W I think, didnt last long, maybe it was cos of the 360W amp

well you should have got a bigger watt sub then

my 12" 1000watt sub is fine with a 450 WATT amp the sub is turned right down and i still shake's the car booty :thumbsup:

Also do you run your system in (your supost to with hi-fi and this is Car hi-fi) i ran mine in for only 2 months because i couldn't wait anymore and it made a hell of a differnce

Sera, What stuff in a can? NEWS to me! Also you got any old amps, headunits, subs you could sell?

Cheers

Matt

my JBL sub and enclosure is pretty decent compared to most of my mates. I have had alot of comments on the deep rich bass, and people expect more than just a single 12". I'd recommend jbl for sure...

Sera, What stuff in a can? NEWS to me! Also you got any old amps, headunits, subs you could sell?

Cheers

Matt

got a 12" Kenwood 600W sub with ported box and AMP, make me an offer, you you will have to collect it from Manchester (or Peston only this week and next week)

Sera, What stuff in a can?

Do you mean TyreWeld, Tim?

Spare tyres aren't part of the MOT anyway, are they?

Rich

Rich

yes Boro tyreweld and it has other names come in a long smallsh can woth a nosle.

it's good stuff :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rich

dont they check it?

Mr T checked it when I got the car services

dont they check it?

Yeah, but that's a service.....you'd expect that.

AFAIK the spare isn't an MOT requirement. Anyway the MOT is a snapshot stating that the car was roadworthy at the time it was tested. A car is no less roadworthy if it doesn't have a spare tyre.

Came across this situation with one of my Mini's . My then mechanic was giving it a check over then taking it for an MOT and I told him the spare was bald as a coot. His reply was basically it doesn't matter. The MOT tester has no reason to look in the boot anyway. Passed ! :thumbsup:

Rich

I am about to install a 520w amp and a 1100w sub! What settings shud i turn the amp on to get the best out of it without risking any damage or wateva? B)

I am about to install a 520w amp and a 1100w sub! What settings shud i turn the amp on to get the best out of it without risking any damage or wateva? B)

Low as possible at first (not loud) and just break it in. it will be better in the long run :thumbsup:

Any advice on connecting it to the back of a standard toyota cd player? i suppose i could have a crack at the wire to the Battery and to a bolt for the ground wire!!

dont they check it?

Yeah, but that's a service.....you'd expect that.

AFAIK the spare isn't an MOT requirement. Anyway the MOT is a snapshot stating that the car was roadworthy at the time it was tested. A car is no less roadworthy if it doesn't have a spare tyre.

Came across this situation with one of my Mini's . My then mechanic was giving it a check over then taking it for an MOT and I told him the spare was bald as a coot. His reply was basically it doesn't matter. The MOT tester has no reason to look in the boot anyway. Passed ! :thumbsup:

Rich

Sorry i was getting confused i need a spare tyre for the MOT on the beetle Because the washer bottle works off the air pressure of the spare tyre so it vilty for a VW Beetle but not on anyother 'normal' car :P

first of all tyre weld is good for a puncture but u buckle the rim or anything and your buggered!

Secondly vmail i had a pair of JBLs for two years and they werent crap ill tell you that now,the thing you also have to realise is all this talk of 1000w sub etc isnt a good figure,for example the jbl 1000w sub is about 250w RMS which is the important figure!you need to match Rms of the sub to the RMS of the amp.It is normally best to run an amp more powerful than your sub and not run it at full gain!This then makes the amp run cooler and giving it a longer life!Best thing to do is check for the rms figures not peak!!!!!

first of all tyre weld is good for a puncture but u buckle the rim or anything and your buggered!

Secondly vmail i had a pair of JBLs for two years and they werent crap ill tell you that now,the thing you also have to realise is all this talk of 1000w sub etc isnt a good figure,for example the jbl 1000w sub is about 250w RMS which is the important figure!you need to match Rms of the sub to the RMS of the amp.It is normally best to run an amp more powerful than your sub and not run it at full gain!This then makes the amp run cooler and giving it a longer life!Best thing to do is check for the rms figures not peak!!!!!

Very true Hou

The 1000watt sub is about 450watt rms

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links