Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Needing More Meat

cergon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vmail

• Hou

• breezer

• sera_beetle

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all tyre weld is good for a puncture but u buckle the rim or anything and your buggered!

Secondly vmail i had a pair of JBLs for two years and they werent crap ill tell you that now,the thing you also have to realise is all this talk of 1000w sub etc isnt a good figure,for example the jbl 1000w sub is about 250w RMS which is the important figure!you need to match Rms of the sub to the RMS of the amp.It is normally best to run an amp more powerful than your sub and not run it at full gain!This then makes the amp run cooler and giving it a longer life!Best thing to do is check for the rms figures not peak!!!!!

Very true Hou

The 1000watt sub is about 450watt rms

which JBL sub is it then if its 450w RMS cant be the GT3-12 Or GT4-12

my 2 vibes are 300w RMS each running off an amp chucking out 2 x 300w rms!perfect match!

ne1 wana tell me what i do with amp wiring kit!

right all i know is

>>red wire connects the Battery to the amp.

>>ground wire attachs to bolt incase sum bad **** happens.

>> use RCA cable and converter to wire to back of cd player

whats the speaker cable for? whats the very thin blue wire for with fork pins on the end??

blue cable is your remote power lead this tells your amp when your head unit is switched on,he speaker wire is to connect up to your Speakers!The remote needs some way of knowuing your head unit is turned on so check for unused wires on the back of the stereo that gives out power when the unit is turned on!

spare wires!! hmmm!! :unsure:

its should come with the wiring kit, I used my spare for the power cap

Hey there peeps! u wnt b asked nemore questions

amps faulty! gona buy a new one and then get a place to fit it for me for around £50! in the august or sumit! lol :lol:

its faulty cos its doesnt work and the remote cable does not fit

and that makes it faulty,if it doesnt work have you made sure its wired up properly,the remote lead ino the amp isnt a problem strip it and screw it!Checked fuse in both the Battery lead and in the amp?

Vmail im guessing you know f**k all about ice

and that makes it faulty,if it doesnt work have you made sure its wired up properly,the remote lead ino the amp isnt a problem strip it and screw it!Checked fuse in both the battery lead and in the amp?

Vmail im guessing you know f**k all about ice

not that much only installed over 250 systems in 4yrs

installed that much and still dont know why yourt jbl system sounded sh*t!

And if your so good how the hell cant his remote wire fit?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

not that much only installed over 250 systems in 4yrs

Do you run your own business or just hook-up random people's installs?

remote wire did fit!

i went to a shop and said me amp mite b faulty, coz i asked how much itd cost, and they sed £60! but theres no point payin that if it dnt work!

besides, i wanted a new amplifier neways, i wana 2 channel sony xplode one so it matches subwoofer!!

And if your so good how the hell cant his remote wire fit?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Im thinking of just gettin some 500watt each Speakers and puttin em in boot someone, just until i have enuff for new amp and fitment!! :drool:

JBL was my 1st

but a JBL combo in a friend car (AMP+Sub in 1 box) 200W I think, that only lasted 2 days

not that much only installed over 250 systems  in 4yrs

Do you run your own business or just hook-up random people's installs?

I wish I had my own business, still a student

Im thinking of just gettin some 500watt each speakers and puttin em in boot someone, just until i have enuff for new amp and fitment!! :drool:

If you are not going to connect them in series then you will need another RCA cable and another RCA convertor

oh fort you ment 2 subs, a friend of mine want 2 apline type R + amp, cable etc. its int the shops for £1000, but Im getting it for £750, dunno how much it will weigh cos he is taking it to another country

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links