Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Ongoing Handling Saga...

SuperRetard

Just put new tyres on the yaris. Gone from 195/50 size Yoko AV539 fronts (medium to crap) and bald Toyo Proxes (sic) to Conti Sport Contact all round.

The Conti's are SO sticky in comparison, and my previously banished body roll is back with a vengeance thanks to the extra 5mph(!) you can carry.

At first I thought the tyres were running low, 'cos it felt like the tyre was wrapping 'round the rim when you pushed it...

Very odd feeling but actually loadsa grip. And the smaller rolling circumference has definitely lopped 0.00001 off the 0-60 time! ;)

I'm so used to hard front and soft rear that I'm constantly worried about giving the front too much stick and losing the back on turn-in... :help: Feels well dodgy compared to before!

hi

if i can understand what u are saying after a few pints my car is the same since i change them to goodyear F1's more body roll

i'am in the process of changing them for the new mich exaltos 2 when the supplier gets them in stock....

what a waste of 230 quid....

I've got Continental Super-Premium Contacts.....what that means i dont know but they look flash with a massive groove down the middle and stick twice as well as the knackered bridgestones :D

my sr has got yokes on 195/45.

whats the best tyre for the car,not too pricey. car just seems to be all over the place at times

U need 2 have Toyo Proxy T1-S on the front, turns in very well! :D

Cheers :thumbsup:

are the proxys rated quite well then?

Who by me or every1 else? Well lets put it this way, my bro's got them on his 130bhp car and it handles MUCH better now!

i have toyo proxes t1-s on my corsa...they r great, and reasonable i think, and also they last very well.

james

Yeah they are reasonably priced also and wen i get alloys that's wot are goin on them!

hmm may get them then

And the tread pattern is wicked! They look the s**t!

i didn't know that toyo make good tyres i thought they were cheap buget tyres. (well you learn something new every day)

I Have Continental's on the sera they are very good but i am changing the wheels and gett yoko's on :thumbsup:

Very square shoulders too, look proper. The Contis I've got are 195s, but look like 165s in comparison. They're all rounded and commuter looking (even if the performance is amazing!)

im on cheap tyres for now but with the wheels i intend to get toyos mite b a bit dear

Toyo Proxy T1-S 195/45/15 V @ 59£ each +VAT

that a good price?

they are cheaper than the yokes that are on here at the moment - though they where fitted by a toyota dealer

that's pretty good. only paid a little bit less for my contis and that was at trade! the place i get my cheap tyres don't stock toyos :(

been having toyo t1s proxys for years had them on our last couple

of cars,primera gt,almera gti and now got them on my Tsport,

great tyres wonderful grip (esp in the wet) and look good too wicked

tread pattern !!

got them in the package with my OZs but they aint xpensive.

kimi

I love the tread pattern but I've heard they wear really quickly... but that was as couple of years ago.

Hi everyone

I'm currently running 195/50/15 falken ze512 tyres and i think that they are great tyres for there money. I brought a set for the missus and couldn't believe the grip she had over my standard Michelin. And in the wet they felt very safe when pushed hard. I liked them that much that when my set where due for a change i bought 4 as well. Also they have got a alloy protector around the rim so if your into kerbing your alloys these would save you the pain of messing them up :thumbsup: And the good part was that they only set me back £160 for 4 ;)

Checkout the tyre pattern

falken_512.jpg

jerry!!

I'm getting more used to the contis now, and BOY have they got some grip! I think the reason I was so scared of them to start with was the responsiveness of the front with'em on.... enough to tie yerself in knots...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links