Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jaxx Wait To See Mine...

darkled

Jaxx just take a look at my photos and don't be sad.

you got out easy.

http://www.pbase.com/darkled1/inbox

This happened last summer in the UK.

The car was brought here all the way from Greece two years ago. (nice trip)

Everething was fine, i was doing my masters, i didi not care about speed traps, parking tickets etc... (how are they blue going to find me?)

This happened when i took an open left turn outside bristol with 140kmh/h and trafic was at the oppening of the turn. Brake,Brake,Brake.............

I hit a Ford transit from behind !!!

About 3000 pound damage to him (covered by my insurance)

I only had insurance against 3rd parties- in other words i had to pay for my damages.

The fan part.

Toyota UK asked me 6000 pounds to fix mine. In other words they told me to throught it to the bin.

BUT, my insurance covered the re enstatement of my car to Greece, (about 400 pounds by sea) and gave me airplane tickets to go back. so i did that and fixed my car for 2000 pounds. The 4000 pounds difference came from labour alone, Greek labor is cheap, the parts costed almost the same.

I was very lucky with the sasi which was ok and the engine as well.

Insurance in greece is 300 pounds a year and they do not care about any mods i do!! Toyota Greece offers 6 years insurance for the cars.

Very glad to be Greek in this subject, if only we had better roads.

I brought the car again back to UK after 3 months and had no problems thereafter.

I am still enjoying my yaris!

Drive safe!!

flippin eck! yeah you win!

its just the fact its my pride and joy and what happened to it breaks my heart. im missin it like mad already! gotta drive round in other folks cars and the like.. :(

You don't say!!!

Jully and August 2003 were the worst months of my life!!

About your pride. You don't have to feel bad about it. Everybody crash someday, it is inevitable. Aster a couple of months i was feeling to the same rush as before to step the gas again. :)

You will be up and running very soon.

yeah too right. i could actually see it coming! not that im a looney on the roads, i just knew it was gonna happen at one point!

Ouch! i really like that colour

In the picture wirth the interior you have a compaq tablet PC Clamp

where did you get this dude?

i want to mount my Tablet pc or my Apple g4 powerbook (better to watch dvd's on)

Any help would be cool

Jesus that looks bad. I cant beleve the airbags didn't come out mate. You are lucky to be alive.

jerry!!

Ouch! Glad you got out OK. They really crumple up don't they? Then again, I guess that's why they are called crumple zones! They absorb a lot of the impact energy though. The plastic bumpers take it better though! When I got hit in the back by a motorbike last September, the metal crumpled badly but the plastic bumper coped very well. Sometimes I think the whole car should be made of plastic!

I'll try to post some pics when I find 'em.

Actually, the airbags did go off! That was the most expensive part!

If they did not i would have hit my head on the steering wheel.

And always put the seatbelt on, if i did not wear it i would have flown out of the window.

When i crashed i was probably going with 60 KM/H. It was a quite serious crash... :(

Have i mention that i got out of it with out a scratch!

Yaris is a very safe car!

The car survived because Ford transit is a tall car, and as you can see from the pictures the sasi was scratched!! 1 inch lower and the sasi would have been for the garbage. Even the bumber almost survived. Almost the same thing counts for the engine if it was 2-3 inches to the left.

About the tabletpc mount question you can find more info here:

http://www.tabletpcbuzz.com/forum/topic.as...archTerms=mount

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links