Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Went To Millway This Morning

midmotorsteve

They said Approximately / less than £800 to skim head, fit new valves, convert to shim under bucket, fit new cams & pullys, fit new water pump, headgasket and stud set, set it all up properly. Get it running to its best potential, all fluids etc done. So its going in in June :D

**Get it running to its best potential**

So 11 psi. You really want to increase the boost to really get full use out of the HKS Cams and pulleys. Running standard boost then you might as well use standard cams and pulleys :D

Fair enough they do look nice :P

Yeah .. I think he needs boost too .. :)

nah can't afford to run a turbo at the minute, i still think i'd be as quick round a track in a n/a as i would in a turbo anyway. Not hit same speeds on the straights, but i'd be in more control.

I'll get a turbio 2 years time probably. Nice REv5

Millway got back to me with a breakdown of costs:-

strip down replace head gasket, sort water pump leak, re assemble £420 not bad at all for headgasket change, when toyota want approx £800

but my head works going to be a bit more ~ £300 to £400 to fit cams, shim under bucket conversion, skim head, decoke.

Setup on rolling road and power test £100

r u gettin the uni-chip fitted also?

i'm only asking cos TDi do it for £300. so another couple of hundred on top of that won't be too bad would it?

TDi are a rip off, usually Unichip is £450 - £500 Inc fitting and mapping. TDi charge £300 chip but then charge mapping at £68 per hour not inc vat. Mapping usually takes 4 hours.

Millway do full setup inc mapping for £475

I'll prob have it done in a couple of months :D

:eek: bit mischievous that like. i took it to include the mapping in their price!

-Z

no, looking at their web site i thought they looked great value. but when you look closer they are £68 per hour plus vat and if it involves diagnostic work that goes up to £78 per hour :eek: . I thought about having cams done there as they list HKS cams £750 i assumed this was including fitting, but oh no hey just charge £250 more than anywhere else just to buy them.

I guess they charge well over the odds cause they can get basically anything within 2 working days, they are very helpfull if you phone them as well. If i was minted and had say a new £40,000 skyline i wanted work done to, i'd pay that extra money as they seem to really know their stuff.

Well looks like Gaz get's his work done there, mite havta ask him about it sometime. he's spent a fair bit :eek:

post-38-1084665706.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links