Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Standard Iq Compressor Solely As Tyre Inflator?

ianlinux

Looking at the instructions for the supplied standard puncture repair kit, it seems the compressor can't be used without the bottle sealant attached to the compressor.

Anyone managed to use the compressor as a standalone tyre inflator? Would mean finding a way of attaching a tube to the compressor without it being blown off. Either that or finding an empty sealant bottle.

Probably discussed elsewhere but a search proved negative

Thanks in advance, Ian

I carry a foot pump, nice and reliable. (& also an accurate Tyre Pressure Gauge.)

Reliable apart from the last Halfords Brass looking double pump with its Plastic/Chocolate hose connector.

It looks good, but did not even last one usage.

Sorry but never tried using one of the ones in a iQ, and do not even have it in the car,

just a couple of cans of tyre weld are carried, and never needed to be use it on my vehicles, only on others Motorcycles and cars, and worked fine where the hole was not on the side wall.

Tyre Mouse/Slime permanently in cars without spare wheels is a great idea. IMO.

Handy advice for cold weather tyre pressure checking.

http://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/learn-share/care-guide/cold-weather-tips

george

I carry a seperate tyre compressor in the car (plugs into socket) also carry 2 large aerosols of tyre weld, plus a seperate manual pressure tester (one that is like a pen) Also have fitted metal dust caps to the valves for extra security. I also have Puncture Safe (Ultra Seal) fitted to all 4 IQ tyres, I don't carry a spare.

• Like 2

I don't think you can, I did have a weigh up on mine when I got it 2 years ago. I bought a separate pump. I think it is a bit of bad design not being able to inflate your tyres with the one Toyota issues as standard equipment.

The compressor issued as standard with the IQ is only for use as the Emergency Tyre Inflation system

I doubt that it would last long if used as a standard tyre inflator.

• Like 1

Okay, thanks for the replies fellas. If I'm going to check the tyres every week for MPG purposes then I'm going to get a separate compressor. I've already got two cans of tyre weld in the back, so if the space for the P.R.K. can accommodate an alternative for tyre inflation only then that would be great.

I always think the MPG measurement to be a mythical measurement with so many variables. Fore instance, tyre pressure, temperature, amount of people carried, driving style, town, motorway. And always wondered what the difference in mpg would be for a 14st man who has just had his Christmas dinner and pudding against a 8.5 st trim woman

David

Bought an unbadged/non-branded version of one of these today. Bit noisy but seems to work well.

Also, having taken out the Toyota's sealant bottle and bespoke compressor, I am able to fit the replacement flat-wise in that general area without impeding the rear parcel shelf so that's worked out well.

Can't say I'm enamoured by the shelf's side retainers though. Far too fiddly if you ask me. Tempted to just ignore them and leave them in the shelf.

• 4 months later...

yes it works , when you take out the red plastic switch of factory japan compressor and put it in the hole of it (ONLY THE FIRST STAGE !!! IREPEAT ONLY THE FIRST STAGE ) the compressor works as tyre inflator :) i try it and worked ,after 5 times i inflate my bicycle i put the red kye button more and white milk got out but it still works

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links