Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Engine Have I Got?

Paul Govier

jap import as side repeaters are infront of the front wheels UK cars they are behind the front wheels

Also motorbike sized rear plate? - usually a good sign

whats the verdict then fellas?? G-Limited or GT-Tbar??? :meet:

out of interest does it say anything on the back just udnerneath the spolier? on mines it says GT and i've seen some with G-limited written (NA's).

My 96 G-LTD came from Japan with UK style side repeaters, clear (white) front corners and no toblerone repeaters. It does have G Limited boot Badge on the left side of the boot though.

I could be cocky and say he has a toyota engine :lol:

But the 3S-G(T)E engine is a Yamaha engine.

out of interest does it say anything on the back just udnerneath the spolier? on mines it says GT and i've seen some with G-limited written (NA's).

Doesn't say a thing!

Obviously de-badged. Def an import G-Limited T bar tho.

QUOTE (midmotorsteve, May 12 2004, 04:47 PM)

jap import as side repeaters are infront of the front wheels UK cars they are behind the front wheels

Jap rev5's all had UK style side repeaters as standard :)

But yeah, side repeaters are usually the easiest way to tell UK or import.

As for jez_1_2000's car: Jap rev1 G-Limited :)

If it were the turbo, it'd have turbo written on the side, and it'd have raised vented on the engine (did everyone miss that? :D)

As for jez_1_2000's car: Jap rev1 G-Limited :)

If it were the turbo, it'd have turbo written on the side, and it'd have raised vented on the engine (did everyone miss that? :D)

it would have a boost thing on the instrument panel too wouldnt it? mine has the Battery thing.

:yes:

jez_1_2000, just noticed that you have a UK rear bumper on your Jap import.

:( means only one thing :(

I saw another rev1/2 in Wakefield a few months back - Jap import (could tell by the side repeaters) and a UK rear bumper - can't remember the colour, think it was that bluey/greeny colour!

QUOTE (jez_1_2000 @ May 12 2004, 09:41 PM)

it would have a boost thing on the instrument panel too wouldnt it? mine has the battery thing.

Defo an NA then, but I knew that anyway ;)

UK bumper on an import means it's been replaced - usually an accident.

May not be as drastic as it sounds, could've just been scraped and the owner (obviously a UK owner) may have decided to get a replacement used bumper as it could well be cheaper than getting the old bumper resprayed (around £120-£160).

If you're brave you may wish too check under the boot carpet.

D'oh :fishyface:

The carpet in my boot isn't fitted properly, it's all loose! I just assumed it had had a lot of use. You are probably right :crybaby::crybaby:

Cheers for pointing that out for me, tis better to know these things :thumbsup:

would also expalin why i have a de-badged rear aswell then.

I don't see it being a huge problem anyway, even if the back was smashed it's unlikely to have been a big smash - cos if it was then rear quarter panels and the roof would've had to been replaced too (as I think the rear quarter panels are part of the roof (they were on my Celica, but I can't tell on my MR2 as it's two-tone!!)) - and this would've cost far too much to be viable.

At worst you'll see a big of damage under the boot carpet - unlikely to have been any damage to the suspension or anything I don't think.

would also expalin why i have a de-badged rear aswell then.

Nah, I reckon more like someone didn't want people knowing they had the NA and not the Turbo :) Like all the debadged BMWS are 318's :D

the car drives fine so i wont worry about that to much. i'll have a look under the carpet tomorrow though :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links