Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Alarm

T V O R

Can you YTS owners give me a quick run down on what the alarm features are?

I haven’t had an alarm on my cars for years and this is the first one with a factory fitted one.

Is it set with the remote key? What’s this microwave perimeter feature? Is there a motion sensor? Etc etc

Thanks all :thumbsup:

arm and disarm from the key

the mucrowave sensor creates a microwave field around the car and detects when ppl are too close or break in and sets the alarm off when its disturbed.

i think it has shock sensors aswell.

bleeding loud siren aswell! one of the special ones that goes off at such a frequancy that it actually causes pain in the ears! its horrible if its in a confined space, i let mine go off on accident in the garage and had to walk out and wait for it to stop!

is also controls the C/L and goes off if it sense the volt drop on the interior light for the boot and theres a switch on the bonnet to secure that.

Cheers Jaxx, sounds pretty good then.

Any flashing lights on the inside to warn the Burberry baseball cap brigade? :arrgg-matey:

yea a little red LED on the centre console between the seats that you CANNOT see!

hi

well it does if it works hopefully next week... i've asked them to make it lock the doors when i drive off as long as it does'nt open them when i stop....

also the indactors flash when it been set off to let you know three flashes...

Mine also has double locking (press lock button twice). Basically this means that if the normal locks are hacked (thru key hole or sommin), another set of concealed locks will still keep the door shut.

My Hazzards always flash three times on Disarming...and once ( long) on arming.

Double locking in the main, is to stop someone smashing ya windows and trying to open the door from the inside..... won't work.

Vipes

Mine also has double locking (press lock button twice). Basically this means that if the normal locks are hacked (thru key hole or sommin), another set of concealed locks will still keep the door shut.

Mine has double locking too, I didnt realise that was how it worked though!

Mine has double locking too, I didnt realise that was how it worked though!

Yer and as mentioned above. If someone smashes your window they would have to crawl thru the window (shards of glass and stuff) to be able to steal the car or successfully steal one of the seats :blink: or sommin.

I think hazards flash once for normal lock, 3 times for double lock (press lock button twice), and 1 long flash for disengaging interior sensor (press lock button three times). Not sure, have to read the manual.

My Hazzards always flash three times on Disarming...and once ( long) on arming.

Double locking in the main, is to stop someone smashing ya windows and trying to open the door from the inside..... won't work.

Vipes

hi

three times u sure that mean ya alarms been going off

once lock armed no deadlocks

twice lock armed with deadlocks (cannot lift the door pins)

thrid lock armed with deedlock no internal sensor

unlock and flash twice

unlock and flash three times and alarm been activated....

thats what it says in my teapot manual...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links