Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Funny Heater...

Jimlad

ok the heater in my car works like this....

Cold.. or Roasting....

A/C works fine.

At the far left it's cold... 4notches right and it's roasting.

Sometimes it works fine.. but not often. Any ideas?

I went to toyota and they said they would need to take it all apart etc, etc. Blah blah.... cha ching £££.

So... anyone got any ideas? At least if I go to them with some ideas, they may not need to spend ages trying to suss it. My Toyota mechanics are a bit dense. :!Removed!:

is it climite control because isn't their a little hole in the dash with a tiny fan (size of a 5p) which has a temp sensor. Could that be blocked? it's only a guess hope it helps.

there is a climate control function on it... but this happens when on manual mode. Never really tried climate control.

Jim, mines the same as yours....I remember people on here saying that is quite common.

nevermind mate. when i got my car it was full of fuff

good luck anyway

Jim, mines the same as yours....I remember people on here saying that is quite common.

any idea what the problem is ?

Not really...I just keep mine fully left at the mo, i have got to get my air con fixed...

I only have to move it 4 clicks right, and it gets hotter...

If yours is no hotter fully at the right hand side then its possible that a wire has come out behind the unit. This happened to me when i put my stereo in...

hey guys

I have a similar prob.

Mine doesnt give cool air...its roasting hot. I got it re-gased but no joy.

could it be the heater matrix?

<_<

hey guys

I have a similar prob.

Mine doesnt give cool air...its roasting hot. I got it re-gased but no joy.

could it be the heater matrix?

<_<

No

If there was a problem with the heater matrix then you wouldn't get heat!

Heat all the time could be a ducting problem (when you set it to cold, the air ducts don't adjust to let the cool air flow through.)

So I suppose that's good news. Never any fun changing heater matrices.

Rich

Jimlad, mine is like that too.. you can eventually get it if you play with your knob (oooer) but I usually drive around with the windows down anyway!

My climate control is fine tho.

If your heater is punching out nothing but hot air on any setting then you have the issue i mentioned above. That is, there is a lead that plugs into the back of the unit. Take off the front surround panel and you can get your hands to it to make sure all the connections are in place. 5 minute job.

Mine is either cold or Roasting.. no warm or in between.

Got it in Toyota next Tuesday for some stuff. Asked them to have a look at that as well. Will let you know the outcome.

Mr T must love me... I'm sure I pay all there wages in a month... lol

I Had a similar problem to this on my old car ('96 rover 200), it turned out to be the water pump was on it's way out. had a new water pump fitted and it worked fine afterwards.

:thumbsup:

expensive ?

The car was still under warranty from the garage where i got it so it didn't cost me owt :D

think they said it would have been £90 plus fitting if i'd had to pay! (lucky something breaking before the warranty expires, it's normally the day after!!!)

:thumbsup:

that's not too bad then.. I can handle that.

thats for a rover though, toyota prices will probably be a bit more of a swift kick in the goolies!! lol :lol:

and then a "please bend over sir so I can ram the extra 300% we add on top up your a*s"

and then a "please bend over sir so I can ram the extra 300% we add on top up your a*s"

lmao....true :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links